Pet deposit's in the mail...
I just have to say: Introducing finger foods to a child who only has two teeth and a very small mouth is, well, a wee bit stressful, and in my world, today, at this moment, it's scarier than Kim Jong-il in a room with the Teletubbies. We've been experimenting with various food items over the past few weeks, and tonight we gave the tike vanilla wafers (a personal favorite). What can I say but that the kid likes to eat and has a most discriminating palate when it comes to knowing what is in and what is out (god, I miss Project Runway). He liked them much better than the near-tasteless fruit puffs we were giving him before and actually ate these: 

But, whoah, did I need a half a Prozac or what. And Daddy, too.
And, well, with these new vittles comes the dawn of real-deal poop. And, wow, is he givin' it to us. I think we're going to have to buy more scented candles and a surgical mask. And, man, all I have to say is, the pet deposit's in the mail. The carpet in this apartment will NEVER be the same.
::
So we were going to watch Pride and Prejudice tonight -- a small but notable achievement in the life of new parents or any parents with kids under the age of 12, for that matter. That's before we discovered we were locked out of the DVD. The thingamajiggy that prevents morons from stealing the disk was mistakenly not removed upon rental, thus our attempt at a tranquil, and, in some manner, edifying send-off into our good night was, sadly, thwarted. We better get our money back. Okay, so I'm not that crushed since I am tired, but I really wanted to see this film because who never read the book? Meeeeeeeeee. Scandalous, I know.
17 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Keep the journals coming. I can't wait to go to the bookstores one day and say, "that's MY daughter-in-law!" Any new (or old!) Mom would enjoy these entries. Of course, we all know you have the perfect little inspiration. We can't wait to start our roadtrips. Love you.
Mrs. Karen: Yes, it's easy to write with the right inspiration, you are correct :-) Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing y'all at Thanksgiving!
Sarah: Yes, sadly, it's a book that never made the cut all these years. Don't know why cause I hear it's fabulous. What's new with you these days? Hope you can make a visit once we're in the new house!
Yeah, how about that POOP!?!?! Eva suddenly hates the changing table and will stop at nothing to twist her body away like a super-human baby monster while we are changing her diaper. It is definitely my least favorite thing about motherhood. heh.
OMG, Eli is in perpetual motion when we change his diapers. It's so hard! Sometimes I can give him another diaper to hold as a distraction, but the novelty of that is starting to wear off, and he's back to rolling. I just try to pin him down as best I can, but the poop makes it harder cause there's more to clean...arghh!
Yeah, the diaper thing used to work for us too at one time, but now she's decided that anything cool to hold while on your back is way cooler when you roll over. With poop on your butt,feet and legs. Glad to hear we are enduring the same punishment.
Post a Comment