A few favorites of late
Consumerism is alive and well in our household these days. Here are a few of our recent purchases:

John Mayer's most recent progeny is a mellow, soulful child (unlike our very rambunctious one). He even covers an old Hendrix tune, "Bold As Love, but I think "Stop This Train" is my favorite," along with the very first track (can't recall the title). Once you've got this spinning in the player, pour a glass of this:

My favorite new fruit of the vine: Little Black Dress brand Pino Grigio. Okay, I admit, it was a judge-a-book-by-the-cover purchase, but it's good, particularly after a long day of staring at cardboard boxes and calling cable companies who are still disagreeable, even after you shlep through the MEGA-menu of life's assorted options to get to an organ-bearing mammal on the other end of the phone who is, sadly, incapable of putting a brain to good use. But the little black dress will fix it all, and after having a glass or two (or ten...just kidding), you might want to add this to your top-o'-the-mornin' cup-o'-Joe:
International Spice Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Creamer: So good you'll want to slap a pumpkin and maybe a horn-o'-plenty, too. Speaking of pumpkins, tomorrow is Halloween. I bet you're glad you're reading this, cause otherwise, you would have wondered why there was a kid dressed as a Power Ranger showing up at your door. You can thank me later for the reminder. So, I'm feeling a little like Bree Van De Kamp from Desperate Housewives right now. We have no shred of a pumpkin in our house, but we WILL tomorrow come trick-or-treating time, even if I have to steal one from the neighbors (that'll make them like me) or paint a squash orange and stick a wine cork on top. I'm amazed at just how unfunny (and candy-corny) this last sentence was. Sorry about that. Maybe I should leave my little black dress on for a little longer and see where I end up. Maybe handcuffed in a pumpkin patch, being carted off to jail for uprooting and carving. Trick or treat...P. S. Mr. Bumble will make another highly-anticipated appearance in tomorrow's post, WITH a pumpkin as his backdrop. But I am not, I repeat, not an uptight new mother with high hopes of her child's first Halloween. That's what I'm going to tell my therapist next week.
2 comments:
Okay, so I just wrote a long reply and lost it! Eli has been taking steps for a couple of weeks, I guess, but still isn't really "walking" on his own, which is fine by me. We still have time, and I can savor these last moments of not having to chase him all over the place. Hope you are doing well. Can't wait for you to visit and to also take a trip to see your place in Baton Rouge. Love and miss you!
We may have distance between us, but we are clearly psychically connected as I started a post yesterday that reviewed a new cd, a bottle of wine, and a cleaning product. Heh. Blogger won't take my pictures right now, so it's hanging in limbo.
Post a Comment