13 October 2006

Drop the Waffle

We're trying to teach Eli how to self-feed and to introduce him to different textures, so we decided to toast a waffle and cut it up to give to him after supper tonight. However, it quickly became a game of drop the waffle -- not a total shock since the fate of everything that starts out in his hands these days is the stone-cold floor. I knew I would get those squats in some kind of way.

4 comments:

~Free said...

I've been MIA since viruses attacked our computer... but I'm back! I gave Eva the waffle still frozen and she loved it. And she's into cheerios now... very cute.

m.e. said...

I gave Eli a frozen mini bagel the other day, and he was all about it -- until it softened enough for him to bite off a hunk. Then I got nervous. Game over. I would like to give him cheerios, but I am scared!! I know -- get over it. How did you introduce her to them? Does she suck them and then swallow them? Sorry, I could have worded that better. How are you guys? Fully recovered, I hope, from human and computer bugs...

~Free said...

My friend told me to give her tiny pieces of Cheerios at first to test it out and she does okay with 1/2 pcs. She gums them and they disintegrate pretty quickly. Once I saw that, I just dropped a bunch on her tray. She has a very hard time actually getting them in her mouth but she tries and she's gotten a few whole ones in there. I just watch her like a hawk cause it makes me slightly nervous too. Also, she loves to feed the cheerios to us!

m.e. said...

Okay...sounds like we are on the same track. We gave him some Gerber cereal bites that dissolve in your mouth, and we halved them to make them more manageable. He did well with them, but as you said, momma and daddy were hawk-eyed all the way through. We miss you guys!