28 October 2006

All things temporary...


do eventually come to an end. Profundity oozes from my lips (er, keyboard), I know. So, we're in the house! Actually have been since yesterday but now we have our STUFF, which makes us feel less like squatters (relief). Of course, as in all great and weighty endeavors like moving into a house, something has to, well, go awry. For us, it would be the fact that we still have a hole where our new fridge should be. Oh, and the washer and dryer, too. But, we are (as I type) lying in our very own bed, so life has improved for us since last night's camp out (sans our best rendition of Kumbaya and the roasted marshmellows). And, yeah, yeah, how could I forget...free cable AND internet. Texas rocks...except for our enthusiastic Longhorn-lovin' neighbors who are really having a camp-out in their garage (no, I'm serious, they pitched a tent) to watch the game (along with equally devoted and riotous friends). And we are able to partake in the festive gathering, free of charge and in the privacy of our home, via our baby monitor. Thank you Sony BabyCall. When the Longhorns came back from being down 21 points, we started to miss our Baltimore crack hooker. Go, Horns!


Some pictures:




"Yeah, we made it..."

"Hooray! More carpet..."




"My very own swing...and rocks to eat"




The FRIDGE


Atop a box

3 comments:

~Free said...

Shut up!! I cannot believe they pitched a tent. Good God. Things have been quiet recently on Goodwood. Saw Susie the other day; she's back on her feet. Yay. I love the paint colors in the house and of course Eli's swingset. Can't wait to see more.

~Free said...

Hey - email me so I know what address you are using these days. I have some videos for you.

mom-in-law said...

Oh well, ya'll can return the favor when Eli has his friends coming in and out at all times of the day and nite on weekends (as his Dad use to have!!). I still miss those days. To sleep in your own bed, nothing like it. Eli looks so much like some of Liz's baby pictures. Love ya'll.