Ars(e) Poetica
My very heartfelt disclaimer: I am not a poet and I envy those who are. But my friend J (she knows who she is) inspired me to try my hand at haiku writing, so here is my feeble attempt (I hope I got the syllables right):
Rushing water, fierce
Into a drum of porcelain:
The day smells of sweat.
Afflictions in flannel,
Cotton inconveniences…
the cleansing begins.
Spinning and wringing
Before august heat dries, warms
emotions, cold, drenched.
We bought a washing machine today.
And now, for the real poetry:
24 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Ohhhhhhh my goodness! That is the cutest little bumble bee I have ever seen. I can't wait to see more pics of him in that costume. Your poetry is neat. I can picture you in a coffe house with someone playing a bongo drum. That sure tells my age!!! Maybe I should try my hand at writing! (That's a joke.)Love you.
Your blog time or whatever time is off. It's 11:03 and I am delirious. I have been up since 5:45am. I must get to bed. My love to Shaun and Eli.
I love the Ars(e) Poetica title.. LOL. Technically a haiku has 5/7/5 pattern, but don't change it at all, it's so good and you can just call it a "poem" instead of a "haiku stanza poem". I envy the inspiration you gleaned from the washing machine! Maybe I need to BUY something to get me writing.. hmmm.... Or I can just use this tonight and say I wrote it.
OH And OMG Eli!!! Oh I miss him and I wish we could get a picture of him by Eva as a flower. We still haven't tried that costume on her. Better do that this weekend. Maybe we can photoshop them next to eachother.
Gosh darnit!!! I counted those damn syllablles like 3 times, and I just realized where I went wrong...ah, well!!!! I'll try another again later and maybe I'll get it right. Yes, Shaun and I almost died when we first put Eli in the costume. You must put Eva in hers and we MUST photoshop them together...
Yes, I know the time posted by the blg is wrong...I don't know why that is, and I've tried to fix it, but with no success. Blogger is good for some things and not for others!
Yes, I know the time posted by the blg is wrong...I don't know why that is, and I've tried to fix it, but with no success. Blogger is good for some things and not for others!
Mr. Bobby said to ask Shaun if he remembers the Baby Bumblebee song. He used to sing it to all three of them. Love you.
I will ask him. Funny, I know that song too and started singing it to Eli after I bought the costume...ha! I think I learned it in Girl Scouts, waaay back when...
I think you ARE a poet, my dear. I loved your haiku-ish poem. How creative. I don't think I could ever write poetry. I've done it before and it always ends up a big hunk of cheese. Thank you for the beautiful card and adorable pics of the real poetry in your life. I feel loved. XOXO
Post a Comment