18 October 2006

Did I mention we have a pool?

But it's been raining A LOT here, so we haven't been able to take advantage...until today. And because it's been so wet, we've felt a little, how shall we say, cooped up, so I took Chicken Little, with all his pent-up baby ambition to splash it out. Although, he's really still a bit small for obnoxious splashing, which, I guess, is a good thing, right? So, I think he was a little taken by the immediate weightlessness of his body because he looked, uhm, a little spooked and wobbly at first. Then, he had fun. Buoyancy is freakish, though. Flashback to high school physics and a late-night tutoring session with my dad who, entertaining all my what-in-the-world?ness, floated various and sundry objects in an orange hospital bed pan filled with water to illustrate the concept. And then I went and became an English teacher.

No comments: