i need new tunes...
Can anyone recommend some tunes for my MP3? I am in desperate need of new music for my workouts, which are hard enough on their own without listening to Beyonce a thousand times. Come on, help a sista out...
i need new tunes...
Can anyone recommend some tunes for my MP3? I am in desperate need of new music for my workouts, which are hard enough on their own without listening to Beyonce a thousand times. Come on, help a sista out...
Labels: music
19 comments:
I am not sure of your tastes, but I usually go the electronica route for exercise music. Bjork's Telegram has some great remixes, if you are into her sound at all. As for *newish* music to work out to, I don't have much! I'm more into car music these days -- LAZY.
I will check out your recommendation! I'm pretty flexible when it comes to workout music, as long as it motivates me! Thanks ;-)
Lady Sovereign (potty mouth brit white girl rapper with bumpin' beats)
Justin Timberlake (he's so cute)
Just one song: Cassie's (me and you) LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!
Oh, yeah, how could I not think of Justin. LOVE him! But I haven't heard of the others...I will check them out ;-)
My personal favorite is Chris Daughtry! He rocks!
Chentelle
Oooh, I like him, too, Chentelle! Thanks!!
I LOVE ITUNES! I could list songs all day! But my current favorites for running/working out are the new Maroon 5 album (love it!) and songs from Fall Out Boy.
Maroon 5 rocks!! I love their sound ;-) I have their old album, but not the new one yet. And I think I've heard some Fall Out Boy on the radio, but I'll need to check them out some more. Thanks for the suggestions and again to everyone else for their help. You gals rock!
Hmmm . . . I'm more into folksy stuff, but there are some cool tunes in my body pump class. Scissor Sisters 'Tell Your Mama', Pink 'Who Knew' 'I'm Not Dead Yet', Chris Ag 'Fighter.' I know, all kind of old, but get you going!
I haven't been all week:)
O.k. here goes:
Gwen Stephani - "The Sweet Escape"
Rick James - "Super Freak"
think 'Little Miss Sunshine"
Katherine McPhee - "Over It"
Kelly Clarkson - Anything from Breakaway Album
Beyonce AND Shakira - Beautiful Liar
You'd think with all these suggestions, I'd be in the best shape! Ha!
One word: Fergilicious
T to the A to the S-T-E-Y, girl you tastey.
(Fergie must've failed her spelling test back in the day.)
:)
I have the new Fergie album; it's great. I'll have to burn you a copy.
Okay! I decided to give you the playlist I created for my lunchtime walks. Maybe something in here will inspire you.
Everything's Just Wonderful: Lily Allen
Punk Rock Girl: Dead Milkmen
Can't Get You Out of My Head: Kylie Minogue
She Blinded Me with Science: Thomas Dolby (Heh)
Fast As You Can: Fiona Apple
Evil and a Heathen: Franz Ferdinand
Columbia is Bleeding: Nellie McKay
Sheela Na Gig: PJ Harvey
Cover Me (Remix): Bjork (Telegram)
Allie: I did Body Pump once. I liked it, so I don't know why I never went back. What time/days do you go? Maybe we could meet up? ;-)
Jill: LOVE me some Ms. Stefani. And Breakaway is a great album. I will have to check out those others. Super Freak, yeaahh. LOVE LMS!!!
Sarah: Oh, yes, how could I not think of Fergie!!
Yeaaah, Jean!!!! Sounds awesome. I have Kylie already...she rocks for workouts. And I've heard good buzz about Lily Allen.
Thanks again to all my rockin' friends...
This is really a popular subject--'ery body luv's 'um sum music--here are my suggestions: (first---I LOVE BODY PUMP--I do it three times a week...,you will have fab guns!!) I have a whole running/eliptical track that includes Black Eye Peas (Pump It..the whole CD is great), Justin baby!..the track Damn Girl makes you feel like "Damn Gurl!" To really push yourself, gotsta have some Rage Against the Machine!! And Nelly Fertada's newest Cd has some really great tracks! Have fun and PUMP IT CHICK!!!
Sista-in-law
Yeah!!!! Black Eyed Peas...how could I not think of them!!! You cracked me up when you said Justin's "DG" made you feel like a "Damn Gurl." Ha!!! LOL!! Thanks for the recs...I am stoked to put together a new play list, and I need to go back to body pump. Allie, let's go together!!!!
Hey Jen, wanted to tell you...Yep, I did find a new wider template that works with Flickr pics. It's called "Stretch Denim" and "Strech Denim Light" also works. But it's hideously ugly, so now I need to figure out how to personalize it!
Hey Jen,
Sorry I have been scarce. I volunteered at summer camp this week which puts me in a fetal position most of the afternoon.
I would love to pump it up with you! I am consistently inconsistent, but need to get back on track next week. (lowering my caloric intake to anything under 3000 per day would help, too:)
I'll email you this weekend with plans . . . cool!!
COOL, Allie! Yes, lowering the calorie consumption is a MUST for me. Gawd, I just want to consume EVERYTHING in my house these days.
Hey Jen, Nicole from MOTW - great blog! I just wanted to say that Timbaland's new CD is good as well to work out to. He is the producer responsible for Nellie Furtado and Justin Timberlake's new CD's.
Post a Comment