06 June 2007

atticus has arrived

I don't have the energy to write about Crazy Vegan Lady tonight. I promise, though, that I will before the week is through. And now, because I've built it up so much, I fear it will never be as good as in your fantasies. Oh, well.

I do, though, want to send out congratulations to Brian, Bethany, and new big sister Mia on the birth of baby Atticus, born on June 4, weighing in at a healthy 9 pounds, 6 ounces (same as our "little" Eli).

And, I have to say, I was quite impressed with Bethany who was emailing friends from her hospital bed last night. At that point after Eli was born, I still don't think I was speaking in complete sentences. Go girl.

All the best to you guys, and we'll be in touch soon!

5 comments:

~Free said...

Yay, Atticus!! I wish I could see the boy!

I forgot Eli was that big. Whoa.

allie said...

Awwwwww . . .

That is SUCH a special time. I remember worrying that I wouldn't love the second like I did the first (I know, I'm a worry wart), but I fell in giddy, obnoxious head over heals, love at first sight.

Congrats to the happy family:)

allie said...

I mean "heel" -- oops:)

Anonymous said...

HI! I'm so excited to have found your blog - from Tracey's post today (6/8). I saw your Budding Diamonds picture in Flickr and left you a comment there that I was going to try it. I did and used it as my BSM last week. (Sorry, I didn't realize it had been your best shot so recently. I'm still sorta new to Picture This.) Thanks for the inspiration!

If you'd like to see my attempt at your idea, you can see it here.
http://iwish.typepad.com/i_wish/2007/06/best_shot_monda.html

m.e. said...

Hey, Alissa!

Thanks for commenting ;-) Your picture looks great! I can't really take credit for the idea, but it was a fun shot to set up. I originally got the idea from Jen Lee (the link to her photo blog is on my page here under photography). Isn't Picture This just the most fun blog? Glad to have "virtually" met you, and I will keep checking in with your blog!

Happy Friday!