05 June 2007

for kate

I haven't referenced Kate and her boys in a while, but I was just catching up on her blog and felt like I wanted to post something for them, even though I have never (and probably will never) meet them and she may never read this. I'm just continually amazed that she can write so much so often so intensely and so beautifully, all while dealing with the emotions of what her family is going through. I'm so drawn to their story and hope and wish and pray -- and whatever else there is to do -- that their outcome will be more positive than their doctors say it will. There's video on her latest post that will take your breath away. She has received so much support on her blog, mostly from people who don't know her personally. It's remarkable to witness, and I can only hope that all the energy/thoughts/prayers/goodness of spirit sent their way will make a difference for little Liam and Ben.

6 comments:

mom-in-law said...

I have to agree with you 100%. I go to my computer first thing every morning now wondering what "news" I will find. She is an amazing woman. Love you.

Stacy said...

It's a gut-wrenching story to be sure. She writes so well for being so stressed. I can't imagine.

~Free said...

I thought the same thing; she is incredibly composed for someone undergoing such trauma.

Anonymous said...

I have been following her story as well, sitting in awe that she can express herself with all that she has to deal with. I pray for her family and hope for the best as well! I could never imagine what she is going through.

Chentelle

Ellen said...

Wow, thank you for sharing this. I wasn't familiar with her story, but am praying for those beautiful boys!

m.e. said...

Thanks, everybody. I think it's so neat that we can be tuned into this and sending all our positives her way, even though we don't know her. I guess the internet is good for some things...