04 June 2007

cool waters

Is it Monday already??? My tired, not-fully-caffeinated body tells me it is. Weekend was productive, but not long enough, OF COURSE. We did, however, get our living room painted, and now I have retracted my previous statement to a friend about wanting to BURN THE ENTIRE HOUSE DOWN. I will post photos once we have furniture back in its place and a few pictures on the walls. Gotta get on that. Stat.


Our toddler was CHALLENGING this weekend, to say the least. We have entered the desert of limit-testing. Oh happy day. Here he is blissfully filling his swimming pool with cool waters, some of which also managed to assemble in puddles on our back deck and in our yard. I wonder how that could happen? Challenging, I tell you. For more best shots, go here. And come back later this week for tales of the CVL. You won't want to miss it!


fun

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great shot! his expression and the water looks beautiful! Also, i love your banner (30 happens) that's too funny.

Melody A. said...

It is great! He's adorable. My girls can't get enough of the hose.

Stacy said...

Oh he is so adorable! Looks like he is having a great time with the water. Great shot!

Bunny said...

Cute! I love the look on his face and the water from the hose. I like your diagonal too!

allie said...

Great capture! As usual, you have an adorable subject:)

Cant' wait to see the shots of your living room. I'm sure it looks fabulous:)

Anonymous said...

great shot!

jenny said...

I love that shot! Hold firm, Mom! You are the limit maker! If he's doing it now, he'll keep on doing it, as I have found out with my boy (age 11, please pray for me!).

m.e. said...

Ha, ha. Thanks for the encouragement, Jenny! ;-) And thanks to everyone else for checking in on this fine Monday morn. Heh. I want to go back to bed...

Anonymous said...

Such a great crisp shot! Very nice capture.

Anonymous said...

Stunning as always Jen.

Anonymous said...

Such a great shot. I love the look on his face, and how you captured the water flowing.

Blueberry said...

AWWWWWWWW! i love it! wonderful shot!

Christina said...

Adorable shot! Terrific expression captures, and you always have such nice DOF.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one going crazy with a "challenging" toddler.

I'll be tuning in later in the week for CVL stories. :o)

Anonymous said...

How could that adorable thing ever be "challenging"? hahahaha. I guess in the same way I can. :)

Man, he's getting big. Love his buddha belly.

Missyoulots!

kim said...

What a cutie! Love the water. Love the angle!

~Free said...

My challenging one is screaming in her crib right now. She refused her second nap in the same manner. So, I hear you!!

Is Eli obsessed with stairs? And putting his own clothes on? It's the battle of the wills at our house.

Ellen said...

He is just too cute. What an awesome shot!

Ashlea said...

his face is great....but i love the water...

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of your painted walls.

And, of course, I love this shot of "challenging" Eli.

m.e. said...

Yes, Jean, it is the battle of the wills ALL THE WAY (up the stairs)!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love that glee on his face! And the water is awesome too!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect toddler boy photo! He is clearly having fun with that water hose. Great capture.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am finally getting around to checking on your BSM photo, and it is Thursday, but WOW!
Worth the wait!

I love that photo--got to get the hose out here!

Would you mind posting your technical info? Your lighting and color are SO GOOD!
Anna

m.e. said...

hi, anna ;-)

thanks for the compliments! here are my settings:

f/3.2, 1/500 sec., ISO 200, taken with my Rebel XT and my 50 mm 1.8 lens

also, I tinkered a bit in Photoshop with a screen layer and a soft light layer, then sharpened.

hope this helps! ;-) i love your blog, by the way!