Un mystère du bonbon
So, upon our doorstep at approximately 1 o'clock this afternoon was left this:
A lovely box of delectable mini-cheesecakes from Harry and David. The note from sender reads: "FROM: VERY GRATEFUL NEIGHBORS." Hmmmm. The only other clue to who these very thoughtful people are (who, by the way, have great taste) is a sort-of return address in Ohio. But we've never lived in Ohio! So, if you're reading this post and 'tis you who are the secret candy santa, reveal thyself so that we may thank thee properly! Now then, I must go and fetch the child before he gets his hands stuck in the waffle maker (unplugged, of course). And, yes, I've already indulged. Delish.
22 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Maybe it is from the neighbors that borrowed your oven for Thanksgiving. It certainly looked yummy. Love you.
Indeed it is from verrrrrrry grateful neighbors in Baltimore (not Ohio)
Merry Christmas!
You know, we thought it might be our oven-borrowing neighbors, but we didn't want to be presumptuous. You are very welcome, and thank you for the very delish treats. My favorites are the black-and-white cheesecake and lemon shell cheesecake. And SD likes them too. Merry Christmas to the "four" DeHerrera-Schnering's!
This could be fun. Okay, now someone else send us a mystery gift, then I will post a picture here, and we can all play blogger whodunit...
I may be e-mailing you for photography tips, Brian, because Santa hubby bought me/us a niiiice camera for Christmas :-) Yay! I think it's like the one you have!
MIL: Good guess!!! And they are indeed yummy. Hope y'all have a good weekend.
S: Ooh, yeah, mom told me you had the ol' wisdom taken out of ya! My experience was painful, to say the least, and, well, I have just been unwise ever since. Heh. i crack myself up. My morning attempts at humor are always poor. Hope you feel better soon and can indulge in some festive food.
When we ordered them it seemed as though I had to type my name in thirty different fields so I just assumed that our names would go on their somewhere! We (Mia included) liked the cute pics of Eli that you sent. I don't think you need o many photo tips.
Post a Comment