12 December 2006

Job Security for the Tooth Fairy

So, the kid has another tooth. Check it out:


I should also add that he found it wildy funny that I was trying to take this picture, which is the only reason I was, in fact, able to get the picture. And, if you're wondering about the scrape above his eye, he had a run-in with the fireplace. And it's all Dad's fault (grin) 'cause he was babysitting. No, seriously, it's really MY fault because we bought a bumper several weeks back, and I didn't want to put it on at that moment because I wanted to take Christmas pictures with our hearth in all its unbumpered glory. Yep, Mother of the Year right here.

And, now, after his brush with brick and the new tooth, he's all smug:


Not too much else to report. The most exciting things going on here at the moment are as follows:
1. Flushed large, half-alive spider down toilet this morning;
2. Watched cat chase squirrel up tree in front yard, which kiddo rather enjoyed;
3. Decided after seeing her on TV recently that in my next life I would like to be Gwen Stefani because, well, the chick is cool, and she's a mom, so that gives me great hope.
Oh, and Christmas cards are coming by the hardest. I remember when this used to be fun. Maybe they'll make it to their various destinations by some obscure holiday like Groundhog Day. What can I say but that I have a kid, and you can better believe I'm going to milk that for all it's worth!


3 comments:

~Free said...

Comment Mystery solved!!! It was me all the time. It was because I hadn't upgraded blogger. Anyway, all I wanted to say on here was that I am jealous that Eli will let you pry his jaws open to look at his teeth!

m.e. said...

Well, this is a relief because I didn't know what else to try to fix the problem! Yeah, Eli NEVER lets me touch his mouth to see his teeth, so it was a total shock to me that I was able to get this picture! Man, his top tooth is HUGE! Are Eva's this big?

~Free said...

Yeah, twice the size as her bottom two. Once they actually came through they didn't look as enormous. She's getting her fangs now. Heh. They are taking forever.