The Smack-Down
Ahhhhhh, 'tis the season for doing some good ol' New Year horn tootin' and resolutin', or as SD and I like to say when we've spent too much, eaten too much, or basically just breathed too much: It's time for the smack-down. I haven't written resolutions yet, but I've already assigned myself a project:
Holy cracker box and canned tomatoes! Yes, it's, what else, but our beloved pantry. Now, first I would like to say that I feel it is both brave and frightfully honest of me to air my dirty pantry for all of you to see. But, I KNOW I'm not the only one who has a pantry that looks like this, even if you don't want to admit it (heh). And if you don't (have a ghastly pantry, that is), then some other area of your life or your house is cluttered, I'm sure. And if it's not, then I hate you, and you no longer have permission to read my blog.
Now then...the first step to healing is awareness, right? Here is the first part of my twelve-step, organize-my-pantry-or-perish program:
because, damn it, when I go to the grocery store in 2007, I WILL know how many cans of chicken broth we already own. Let the smack-down begin...


4 comments:
I LOVE this stuff. Your pantry has very tall shelves. Do you think if you made your husband build a second shelf in between some of them it would be easier to organize and see what is in there? I think this might work particularly well for the spices. Maybe I'll post pics of my heinous basement.
Yes, I think splitting the shelves (or some of them, at least) would help tremendously. I also just saw a picture online of vertical partitions that would work well for storing serving trays and the like. I think that would work well on the very top shelf. Hmmmm. Lots of potential. I will post the progress! And yes, I would love to see the heinous basement :-)
I am going to post my basement!! And I can't wait to see your shelf progress. This is cool motivation.
Coooooool!
Post a Comment