Brupper
Tonight we had brupper, which consisted of scrambled eggs topped with cheese, turkey bacon, and toast, at 7 pm. It was a quiet rebellion against all of the more appropriate choices swirling around in my head of what I should cook for supper. It was actually SD's idea. I remember doing this as a kid, and it was exciting. Like, you mean we're going to have fried eggs and biscuits for supper? We can't do that. Oh yes we can. Okay, so I'm treading the plank, about to go overboard here, I know. Just thought it was worthy of mentioning. Brupper. Mmmm, good.
The babe is getting along smashingly these days, if you wondering (and I know you are). These are what I have fondly termed "days of redirection." Allow me to elaborate:
Eli (briskly crawling to nearest shelf, chair, Christmas tree, electrical outlet -- insert possibly fatal object of choice): Na, na, na, na (which I have figured either means mom, I want something, or a combination of the two)
Mom (quickly arriving on scene to fetch child): Eli, what are you doing?
E (basking in the mischief that is his, all his, to create): Heh.
M (remaining upbeat while strategizing): Eli, look at this (pointing to any one of the gajillion bright and very lonely toys strewn on the rug).
E (pondering the proposition): Hah (even louder than at first).
M (now fetching child and moving to safer environment): Come on, Eli, look at this...ooh, aahhh, wow, ooh... (am losing brain cells by nanosecond and all abilities to speak intelligently).
E (briskly crawling to nearest shelf, chair, Christmas tree, electrical outlet, insert possibly fatal object of choice): Na, na, na, na...
::
Oh, the times, they are a changin'. And we're lovin' every minute. On a somber note, I just read a headline that James Kim, the missing father of the family who had been stranded in Oregon, was found dead. I am deeply saddened to hear this. I guess some stories just don't have happy endings.
More news from us coming to a blog near you very soon. Sending love from the Lone Star...
06 December 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I absolutely Love it!!! Parker does the same thing, he says "Na na na na" when he's going for something or wants something. Maybe we need to find an online class to understand this language. Ha ha ha
Love ya'll!!!
T: Thanks for commenting on my blog! I can't wait for Parker and Eli to see each other when we come for a visit!
S: Yeah, I forgot about that contest, but I think it's in February or early spring, so I'll have to remember to submit a photo!
Eva says "Na na na" too, but I think she's saying "No No No" because she knows what she is doing is a no-no!
Ha, ha! That's funny. Eli might mean that, too, but he definitely says it when he wants anything, be it food, a toy, or an electrical outlet. Man, the kid is just everywhere these days. I'm sure Eva is similar. The upside is at least it provides good exercise. So the B-more home inspection is today, so we should know very soon whether you guys will have new neighbors. I'll let ya know! Oh, and how about the DeHerrera baby news, huh!!?????
I KNOW. Babies everywhere! Bethany said she did meet the father of the wife who may be the new owner of your home (did you get all that?) and she is indeed expecting. I really hope it works out. I think it will.
Crazy. Better not drink the water :-)
Post a Comment