04 May 2007

out with the old

Well, there it went: my 30th, come and gone. With the help of some cheesecake, a thin-crust pizza, chocolate eclairs, a bold red wine, and the first season of The Office on DVD, I crossed the threshold into the next decade of me. And so the collagen depletion begins. But looking on the sunny side, "30 is the new 20, you know," according to my very wise 19-year-old sister. And, you know, I think she is right.

In celebration of my new digits, I redid my blog header, as I'm sure you have noticed. And I gave myself a brand-spankin'-new title, which was long overdue. Happy Birthday to me. So, without further ado...w
elcome to the gloriously mundane life of me. My plan is to follow what many other bloggin' babes have done and to create a new tagline and design each month. I said that's the plan, but you may want to breathe while waiting because, you know, even though the mundane is glorious, it's just damn busy sometimes. All I'm sayin' is, it's always best not to expect too much. Now there's a positive sentiment.

Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes and love. It's GREAT to be twenty again.

13 comments:

~Free said...

Your birthday sounds fabulous - pizza and eclairs?? Cheesecake? YUM. And The Office; you can't go wrong.

Love the new title and design! Very retro and sunny.

TMACajun said...

Happy belated Birthday. I'm sure it was gloriously mundane ;o)

Brian said...

30?!?! You too! I guess we'll be there soon. Happy B-day! I dig the new design.

Sara Moon said...

Aw, I forgot, Jen...Happy Birthday!! I've been there, done that with 30 and it's not so bad!! Love your new design. You'll have to teach me about banners...
You rock!

m.e. said...

Thanks, you guys!! ;-)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday from a fellow Jenn and photog! And 30 is the new 20!

m.e. said...

Thanks, Jenn ;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! I'll be there in September! lol

Chentelle

m.e. said...

Thanks, Chentelle! It's not such a bad place to be, honestly ;-)

mom-in-law said...

lizzie!I love your new page and name. Sounds like you had a great birthday. Love you.

Ellen said...

Cool, happy (belated) birthday! I LOVE the new header and name, awesome. And of course 30 is the new 20. What can you do when you're 20 anyway? Not that much, trust me I know... 30's much better. And you can afford good food and wine much better at 30. So there's no contest ;)

tracey clark said...

30?? You're still a baby! (that coming from a soon-to-be 40 year old).

Love the new digs! Happy Birthday girl, you deserve it!

m.e. said...

Thanks, everybody! I more comfortable with my new digs than I thought I would be. It's gonna be grand :-)