29 May 2007

almost funky

Well, hullo there. I am hanging my head in deep (deep) shame as I type this because I am a bad, bad blogger. Honestly, I had high hopes after my last post. I was going to run the race, fight the good fight, try to write a blog everyday. And, well, I think we all know how that turned out.

Shameful.

But let us not dwell on this sad fact. Holiday weekends throw me off. In my wacky world, it was Monday today, and I had my usual list, some of which I made while huffing on the recumbant bike at the Y. I'm telling you, people, it was multi-tasking at its finest.

If I would have posted a BSM, it would have been a photo of a wine glass atop a paint can, because last night, I was sipping wine and priming the chocolate brown walls in our dining room to be repainted. Yes, we are painting... AGAIN. SD and I are a productive/destructive duo, if that makes any sense. We get these harebrain ideas, and, worse, we run with them. Ideas like priming our dining room walls at 9 pm on a Monday night. Ideas like ripping cabinets off the wall. Others that I can't think of because it's late, and I have brain-drain. You get it, though. Think GRAND ideas. Impressively enough, however, we usually manage to pull them off -- for the most part.

So, here WAS our idea/inspiration for the living room. Funky, huh? Almost. We love it, but I splashed a sample of aqua paint on our living room wall last night, and it doesn't quite coordinate with our couch's olive green slipcover. Wah. Back to the drawing board/canvas/square one. You get it.

What else? Oh, yes..finished Season 2 of The Office. Pam loves Jim. Jim loves Pam. Pam loves Jim. Jim loves Pam. Pam loves Jim. You get it. And, yes, I know, it's only Season 2, and things happen in Season 3, and well, let me just have my moment of glory, okay? In other words, don't rain on my Dunder-Mifflin parade.

Okay, that's it for tonight. I have a whopping two new photos (of the kid) posted on Flickr if anyone's interested. I've really got to get on it. Chop chop. And video. Sheesh. What's that. I take them, but I don't post them. Yeah, yeah. I'm on it.

Maybe I need new vitamins...

6 comments:

mom-in-law said...

I wondered if SD had taken your computer away !! Mr. Bobby & my years of spur of the moment "let's do this" has subconsiously rubbed off on SD & on to you. In the picture the couch is green with the aqua walls. Thanks for the fun read. AND of course the photos of the little man. Love you.

~Free said...

You guys are so much more motivated than the Free Family! I can tell you that you will never, ever, ever, catch us painting at 9pm and pulling down cabinets? HA! I think you need to give yourself credit for undertaking projects like that and stop beating yourself up for not blogging.

BUT, how about some before and after shots of the dining room?

Stacy said...

I love that inspiration room, but yeah, if it doesn't coordinate...new plan is needed. I think you need that artwork to pull it all together, too. I am trying to get myself ready to start pulling off wallpaper again. Gag me with a spoon...my most hated home improvement project.

allie said...

9pm!! I am usually slogging off into couch potato coma at that point in the evening. Go Jen!!

Love the inspiration room. We are re-painting living room, too . . . again. Actualy re-doing the whole darn thing at some point very soon. Let's call L.A. for help!

I agree, before and after shots a must.

Take care! . . .love your blogs:)

Anonymous said...

I agree, I am usually on the couch at that point, but I'm trying to get inspired since it is so light out late now--I CAN do more in a day!

Your post is inspiring me, too.

Anonymous said...

You are way too hard on yourself, lady. I'm your reality check. Don't beat yourself up for not having enough "discipline". The fact that you blog on a regular basis is fabulous. If you're meant to blog daily, it will happen without FORCING it. Roll with it, baby. It's my mantra as of late. (besides, speaking of blogs that are dying...)