14 May 2007

better-late-than-never BSM

Well, folks, it's been quite a weekend here. I rang in Mother's Day sprawled across our bathroom floor, stricken with a nasty little 24-hour bugger. It's remarkable how philosophical one becomes at the base of a toilet bowl. Unfortunately, my husband and father-in-law got their own versions of it later Sunday morning. So, we've been in recovery mode here today. Luckily, Eli is showing no signs of it, so let's hope it stays that way. This weekend SD's parents visited, and we drove down to the Houston Zoo. Took tons of pictures, but I think my favorite was of the lovely-lined zebras! So here it is for my BSM. And there's even a little diagonal action in there for you, Tracey! Eli loved seeing all the animals, especially the goats in the petting zoo. I wish for the patience and fortitude of those goats. For more zoo pix, check out our Flickr page. And as always, go here for more BSMs, even though it's almost not Monday anymore! Happy week to everyone, and Happy belated Mother's Day to all the fabulous, hot mommas I know!


zebras!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, wonderfully vivid shot of those zebras.

Stacy said...

Wonderful shot, Jen! I love the lines on the zebras and the fence backdrop.

~Free said...

Aren't zebras crazy?!? Eva is fascniated with them, but they hid on our zoo trip. I'll have to show her this photo.

I'm glad your stomach bug has passed. That's not cool. You need another shot at Mother's Day next Suday.

Cakes on a Plane said...

awesome shot of the zebras. they look different than normal black and white zebras. must be cousins of Connecticut zebras from the hood. Ha! Have a great...and healthy week.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were sick on Mother's Day! Those zebra's are really cute though. They would make great shoes...kidding!!!

tracey clark said...

I'm a sucker for zoo shots. I spend most of time in the chimp exhibit! Great shot Jen...I am so loving the diagonals!! Thanks!
: ) Tracey @ Picture This

tracey clark said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that being sick stinks but on Mother's Day?? That is so unfair! Maybe you can have a do over this weekend?

m.e. said...

Thanks, everyone! I just love zebras...so cool. And, yes, I think I sort of need a do-over Mother's Day ;-)

Jean, Eli LOVES this picture!! He saw it on the computer this morning and went crazy ;-)

Sarah said...

This picture needs to go on Animal Planet! Heheh. =)

Sorryy that you were sickkk. It suckksss. I had it not to long ago!

I hope to see y'all this weekend! Hope it works out that y'all can come!

m.e. said...

I hope we're able to come in, too ;-) As far as it looks now, I think we will be able to. Are you finished with school yet?

Ellen said...

Woah, crazy cool zebras. Love them! Sorry you were sick, that sucks. Don't send it up here to Canada please :)

aboutimage said...

Beautiful shot of the zebras!