coaxial kerflooey
I have just cuddled our boy to sleep after reading to him all about the inner workings of a cement mixer, and now I am propped on pillows, with wine, a box of vanilla wafers, and a few of the books I plan to rest my eyes on tonight before I decide to call it quits for today. SD is having dinner with an old friend who is in town for a couple of days, and, well, I would be just finishing up my Wednesday night dose of American Idol results if we had a working television in this house, but (lucky for you), I'm blogging instead.
The television in our bedroom died a week or so ago, meeting its fate at the hands of our toddler who pressed its buttons one time too many. But it was old, so it's not so sad. However, the downstairs tube, which is not-so-old went wonky on us the other night, at which time SD determined it was the cable that had gone kerflooey after excessive jiggling by, who else but our very inquisitive and tactile toddler. So, today, after successfully remembering and pronouncing coax cable (try saying it fast 15 times), I purchased one, and ripe with delight just thinking of what I would able to restore to our home with a couple of quick twists and some minor thrashing of wires, I hurried home to begin the magic. I felt proud. I felt brave. I had purchased a coax cable, for heaven's sake. And it didn't work. Damn.
So, now, we, as in my consultant (husband) and I, think it may be the cable box because it better damn well not be our newish flat-screen TV. All this means that tomorrow I will have to call our beloved cable company, curse the automated menu for at least ten lousy minutes (silently, of course, because, um, TIR...toddler in room), and hope that someone can work a flippin' super miracle and bring me a box in time for the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I know, I could watch it online the next day, but, come on -- NOT the same.
Therein lies my plight, people. Now, I'm gonna go read my books. Wah, wah. But let me just leave you with this parting morsel of knowledge: cement and concrete are not the same thing (gasp). I know, SHOCKING. And this, I learned from Tough Trucks: The Mixer, a Scholastic books publication.
The answer to your question is yes.
Yes, I am drinking from a glass, but the bottle is right next to it on my nightstand -- you know, in case I need refills.
16 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
You had me at Grey's Anatomy. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
Thanks, Ellen! ;-) I'll let ya know!
I have dinner plans tonight, so I will be forced to watch Grey's online tomorrow (at work...ssshhhh don't tell). Good luck on fixing your t.v.!
Thanks, Paige! Yeah, I have a feeling I will be watching it online as well. Have fun at dinner tonight ;-)
JENNNN. You CANNOT miss Grey'sss!!!! I hope your TV gets fixed!
Oh, and DooLittle was kicked off.
You probably already know that, though.
See you tomorrow, right??
I have a feeling I will missit, Sarah ;-( I am just getting a moment to call the cable company now, and I am sure they will not be able to send someone on such short notice. Wah. I will just have to watch it tomorrow. I did read about Melinda. It doesn't surprise me that much. She's awesome, but I didn't see her as the AI, really. Yeah, as of now we are still planning to cruise to LA tomorrow. Are you done with school??
You are just a damn fine writer, Jen. Damn fine.
Ah, shucks, Sara, you're gonna make me blush ;-)
GIRL!! No tv during season finale week! God be with Time Warner Cable. They pulled a similar faux pas after Hurricaine Rita (the city traumatized by 105 degree heat and power outages) and me with a 3 mo old (traumatized by no sleep and no ac) when they went out right before the season finale of Depserate Housewives. I think I'm going to join you in a glass of wine just at the memory of it ;)
Oh, my goodness, Allie. That makes me want to have several more glasses of wine just thinking about it.
Depending on the cable box, you could use RCAs instead of coax.
OK, so you've made me bow to the blogging spirit for the second time...as someone who NEVER watches TV and drinks wine, I can't really comprehend your evening...I've heard of this show called the Office that people are all obsessed about, but all I have to say to that is TMI (too much information, I used to say "don't go there," but that's ...lame)
Miss that button pushing toddler...I've been waiting to write a long email about how I spent the best weekend in months with your fam...but then..I'd have to check my email more than once a week.
Whoa...there is another "Brian" on here...and from the Maryland area to. That really pisses me off...and not in a good way. Hmmm...I wonder wish I had some sort of inside-joke-kind-of-way of telling you which Brian this is...I wish I could find some excuse to type...one more time...
So what happened?!? Did you get it fixed?
In a strange twist of fate (heh), I, who am only on episode five of season one, ended up watching the season finale with my mom. I felt really guilty about it knowing that you were deprived.
Brian: My friend, I'm so glad to have filled you with the blogging spirit. You comments are much appreciated. We're now moving on to the third DVD of season 2. Chop, chop, I know. We will do season 3 this summer, and then we'll be up to speed for the fall. Tell your wife I expect a weekly phone song on my answering machine! ;-)
Jean: Still no cable. Wah. I'm calling today! Watched the Grey's finale online last night. Pretty damn good. Left me wantin' more, that's for sure. Hope you had a good trip to PA.
Post a Comment