30 April 2007

water-logged

This weekend was WARM. One might even venture to say (gasp), HOT. We went to the park on Saturday for, like, 20 minutes and then left because we were cookin'. So we headed to get the boy a pool. We waited a couple of hours for the sun to ease off a bit and then plunked him in there with his favorite bath toys while we set up the grill for dinner. To say he loved it would just be silly. He LOVED it. So, here's my BSM of the little swimmer that could. The eyes say it all. And I must say, we grilled a mean salmon, complete with apricot and mango wasabi sauce drizzled on top. I'm still drooling just thinking about it. That now makes two people in our house who drool. Better increase our paper towel budget. As always for more best shots from some great gals, swim on over
here. Happy week to all!


water-logged, BW

And one of his swim trunks because they're just so dang cute:

swim trunks

And here's the little gecko that could on our kitchen window last night:

gecko

And, yeah, I know that's technically three shots, not one, but ca sera, sera.

20 comments:

Stacy said...

Love them all! He is just adorable in that first shot. Do you have the recipe for that sauce...its sounds devine?

m.e. said...

It's actually an already-made sauce that I picked up at our local HEB. The brand is Robert Rothschild Farm. We just rubbed the fish with salt, pepper, and garlic powder before grilling, then drizzled the sauce afterwards. Yummo!

Anonymous said...

I love the B&W (the others also). His eyes do "speak" and you captured it divinely.

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I can't believe you had a real gecko on your screen. It seems so exotic to me.

Melody A. said...

Top picture, great work.

Hey, fellow Texan. You left a message for me earlier. Where did you move to Houston from?

m.e. said...

Moved from Maryland, Baltimore/Annapolis area. Are you a native Texan?

Ellen said...

He's sooo cute! That pool looks like fun, I wish I could still fit in them. Great pics, cool trunks, and that gecko is awesome. 3 is better than one any day!

Stacy said...

Thanks for letting me know about the sauce. No HEB's here up north, but I will be on the lookout!

Christina said...

He is so adorable! I love the blue cast to the b&w shot. We're up near Dallas, and yup it's getting pretty toasty here too!

That salmon sounds awesome - and I don't even like fish.

Never That Easy said...

I liked them all - they're all great shots. It sounds like you've had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I especially love his eyes in the first photo. Such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

OH, MY GOD! What a cutie. Seriously--he's gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

those are great shots. love the first one especially. the gecko shot is very cool!

Sara Moon said...

LOVE the conversion on the first shot! Wowzers!!
So wonderful to meet you today! It's rare to find people who you really connect with...and I think we found it. Hooray!!

tracey clark said...

I could go on and on. Such dream images. Even the one of the gecko. How do you do it?

Sarah said...

Oh, Jen. What can I say? You've done it again, guh! Perfecto!

Anonymous said...

These are so great. the gecko one is my favorite. that's a great perspective, through the screen. But i love the first one too. what a cutie!!

Kimberly said...

Oh gosh, what a cutie patootie! :) I love the b/w conversion on the first one. His eyes are just gorgeous in that shot!

Sara Moon said...

You changed your blog again! I like it...again!
I'm procrastinating...have some client proofing to do...egads.
When's our next "date"????

m.e. said...

Hey, Sara! Yep, decided to do some spring cleaning on my blog. I'm working on a new header in Photoshop! I'll should have some time next week if you want to get together ;-)