"It is what it is..."
This has become a mantra for Shaun and me over the past couple of weeks as we prepare to put our house on the market. Of course, there are a ton of things we could do to make it more appealing, but we have only a short while to go, and we don't want to spend all of our time left in Maryland working on the house that we are leaving. Anyway, it's in great shape already, so anytime we "discuss" doing something else, we look at each other and almost in sync repeat, with a familiar tone of resignation, "It is what it is..." It's a great slogan for life, actually. We just go, go, go, always trying to climb and please, but we are who we are...and it is what it is. Easier said than done, however. Okay, so that's my profundity for tonight. It's late, I've had my chardonnay, and it's time to dream (or pass out, rather, from total fatigue). Here are a few new photos of Eli I took today...


06 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
There is much to be said for accepting things as they are; it's the foundation of my slacker mentality. Seriously though, your house looks GREAT, relax. And your photo skills are enviable... so adorable!
I'm feeling a major amount of slackerity with my own blog. (Yes, I know that's not a word, but you get the drift.) But that's life...or shall I say, It is what it is? Good mantra. I'm SO SO SO looking forward to Sunday! Thanks to both of you for making the trip to Annapolis on a Sun. night for us. When I opened your evite the other day, the tears started flowing...this is going to be hard. :(
Post a Comment