Basement Sinks and a Hint of the Mystical
As I sit here on top of a rolled-up yoga mat that is ready to be boxed up, lamenting the state of my ever-expanding arse and our amazing race to pretty up our house before it goes to market (like the little piggies), I remind myself that today is 9/11, and my selfish woes are nothing compared to the heavy hearts of those mourning the loss of loved ones five years ago today. So, I'm going to shut my trap and be thankful for all the good things in my life...but, man, am I exhausted from a day of non-stop, clean-this, clean-that, feed-child, play-with-child, stand-on-my-head-to-appease-disgruntled-child, clean-this, clean-that...collapse, onto the rolled-up yoga mat, on top of the futon, in the basement, where I came to be near my husband who is still CLEANING. I was cleaning but had to take a blog-break for an attempt at sanity -- in a wine glass and on a laptop.
So much to say and so little zest left to do so. Today, we learned about our options for temporary housing in Houston. As I read the description of one of the properties, I knew instantly it would make tonight's blog:
As I sit here on top of a rolled-up yoga mat that is ready to be boxed up, lamenting the state of my ever-expanding arse and our amazing race to pretty up our house before it goes to market (like the little piggies), I remind myself that today is 9/11, and my selfish woes are nothing compared to the heavy hearts of those mourning the loss of loved ones five years ago today. So, I'm going to shut my trap and be thankful for all the good things in my life...but, man, am I exhausted from a day of non-stop, clean-this, clean-that, feed-child, play-with-child, stand-on-my-head-to-appease-disgruntled-child, clean-this, clean-that...collapse, onto the rolled-up yoga mat, on top of the futon, in the basement, where I came to be near my husband who is still CLEANING. I was cleaning but had to take a blog-break for an attempt at sanity -- in a wine glass and on a laptop.
So much to say and so little zest left to do so. Today, we learned about our options for temporary housing in Houston. As I read the description of one of the properties, I knew instantly it would make tonight's blog:
"Enchanted by whispers of life from across the seas, Bala Woods offers a rich environment with hints of the mystical. Exceptional location and amenities such as direct-entry garages present uncommon convenience and elegance. Jewel tones lend excitement, while soft breezes carry scents of cinnamon and tangerine. Claim the mystery of the exotic Spice Islands. In this special place, residences are exceptional . . . and fascinating opportunities are yours, each precious day."
Who knew the "mystery of the exotic" resided in the lone star state of the U. S. of A? On so many levels, I am instantly intrigued (and frightened). Of particular interest to me is the opportunity to interact with "hints of the mystical" and, of course, to use the "direct-entry garage." Lastly, as if a 7-month-old didn't afford enough stimulating (albeit odd) aromas to be sniffed, if we chose the Bala Woods, I could ALSO have scents of cinnamon and tangerine mixed in with the day's poop and pears. I'm a lucky woman.
I have now ascended from the basement into the living room, where I am sitting on my still ever-expanding arse, watching the news with my husband, who has stopped CLEANING because he cut his finger, trying to fix the freakin' sink in our beastly basement bathroom (well, it's not REALLY a bathroom, even though it was sold to us as a functioning bathroom...yeah, I'll bitch more about that in my next blog). Ah, deep breaths...where's that damn yoga mat when I need it? I think I have an ulcer...

Cute Kid Pic #1
Cuter Kid Pic #2
Cutest Kid Pic #3
P.S. LOVE this kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S.S. Blogger SUCKS at formatting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:
I refuse to let you move until you help me configure my camera so I can take pictures like that. PLEASE?? Eli gets cuter every day if that is even possible! I can't believe his beauty!! Finally, you *must* post pictures of the fabled Bala Woods; that description is priceless.
you're a crack up Jen. Your blogs are so entertaining! I feel your pain. I'm living in an empty house as we speak, where my bedroom triples as my living room and dining room (the only t.v.in the house resides here!) I can't wait to expand to the rest of my home. lol...If it makes you feel a little better, Terry is in Mass. as we speak also packing up the rest of our belongings. You guys are not alone! ;) Looking foward to seeing all three of you as soon as life is back to a more normal pace for us all! Good Luck :)
Post a Comment