06 August 2007

a vacation...finally

We drove down to Galveston for a few days to escape our busy life. I have lots of things to say, as usual, about the trip thus far, but it will have to wait because I am all tuckered out tonight after a long day with a VERY independent (and at times disgruntled) 18-month-old. I am the last one awake, so it's time for me to catch a few hours before he is up and at us again. Here are a few photos from today. Took along our little Powershot instead of my pride and joy, and it was a good thing because our boy wonder threw sand in the lens. And, no, your eyes do not deceive you: we are all THAT white. Except now I'm sporting a nice little burn on the parts of my back where the sunscreen rubbed off. Gotta love the sun.








12 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

A vacation is always good, im loving the shots. You guys looked like you were having the best time

~Free said...

How far are you from a beach? I love the first one where Eli is submerged in some cool water -- it is freaking HOT here. We are headed to the beach in two weeks! Can't wait.

Oh, I hear you about the independent and disgruntled. Yesterday I survived Eva's first tantrum. I had to carry her, writhing and screaming, up Goodwood, and carry her toy stroller on the other arm in the sweaty 95 degree heat. Ugh.

mom-in-law said...

Ya'll look like ya'll are having a good time. Eli looks cool in that under the water shot. We so enjoyed our visit. I have Skyler singing, "What comes first, the chicken or the egg?" In fact Bobby and I look at each other and that's what we say! Have fun the rest of ya'll time at the beach. Love you.

Sarah said...

These are TOO cute!! I really like the one of the three of you in the sand. Did Eli build a sand castle?

Can't wait to see y'all in a few weeks!

Ellen said...

Aww it looks like fun!! Love the picture of the three of you, and Eli totally looks like a pro swimmer in that first one. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you got some sleep!

Christina said...

I'm so glad you guys got to get away. My parents are actually in Galveston this week too! Looks like a fabulous time...love the pics as always. It's nice to have a family portrait!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, what a great time! I love the pictures and I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for a few days! Good for you. Ok, I'm not starting to get freaking jealous that my husband is visiting you in a couple weeks. No fair -twice in one year! :(

allie said...

Good for you! You definitely deserve a break. Looks like Eli had a fun in the sun. I'll call you soon!

m.e. said...

Thanks for all the comments! If I have been an absent commentor (er?) on your blog, I really am sorry. I just have lead in my feet and other parts lately ;-) Hope everyone's enjoying the summer. It is damn hot here. Sheesh. I am ready to wear a scarf and coat. But I don't even know if that's going to be possible for a Texas winter. Ahhhh...

m.e. said...

Oh, and I have more vacation photos on Flickr, so check 'em out...

allie said...

love your new header!! Mine is pathetic . . . i have no clue. Just getting my head above water here -- sort of:) I will call you next week!

m.e. said...

No problemo, Allie! I thought of you today. We must get together next week ;-) I miss you!!! Have a great weekend!