holy cow, we've got a live one on our hands
Well, folks, my blog has finally entered the future, or should I say the present. Well, you get it, right. I've shaken the dust of June, totally skipped July, and landed in August, and I'm feeling the heat -- in more ways than one.
I'm sure you noticed the new header, because how could you not -- there's a giant cow (that doesn't really look like a cow) staring straight at you. Not my favorite header thus far, but I was pretty tired of looking at the old one, and, well, there are lots of reasons I'm saying 'holy cow' these days. Here are my more specific August subtitles:
Holy cow, I could save skinny people and become a cellulite donor.
Holy cow, the pitch of our child's screams could summon a pack of wild dogs.
Holy cow, it's so hot here, I could peel my skin off -- which is a disgusting image, I realize.
Holy cow, our child gives new meaning to the concept of defiance.
Holy cow, I am 30.
Holy cow, life is just a bitch sometimes.
Holy cow, I have an incredible husband.
Holy cow, a crisp white wine on a summer afternoon is just about the best cure I can think of for a crappy day, as well as a nice hot shower and a deep and enveloping feather pillow to bury my head in.
Holy cow, I am a mother.
Holy cow, I am blessed.
Holy cow, it's past eleven, and I have to be somewhere tomorrow morning.
:::
The vacation, all in all, was nice. Galveston was a bit of a disappointment, but Kemah made up for it. We were just glad to get out of dodge, as they say. I've posted more vacation photos on Flickr if you wanna have a lookie.
Otherwise, we are hangin' ten in the 'burbs. On a side note, both SD and I have been having the most bizarre dreams lately, which have consisted of me, dreaming of being a waitress (something I have, sadly, never done) and having an anxiety attack because I didn't know how to place the dinner order with the cooking staff (analyze that one) -- and of SD, dreaming of the generously-tatooed guy at our local liquor store, getting on as an employee at SD's company, and later being discovered as a spy for the Chinese.
I know...
We are weird. We embrace that. But, you have to admit, that Chinese spy shit...that's creative.
More to come soon because I miss writing. Terribly. I must put the camera down and press the pen. Ahhh, that sounds so romantic, right? Too bad I mainly type on the keyboard. Ain't an ounce of romance in that.
10 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Am I completely derelict for not knowing how to make a cool header for my blog?
Glad to see you are back writing! You make me laugh - and I mean that in a good way! Keep in touch!
Always happy to see a new entry. Love it and the new pictures. But most of all, love you.
Every time I click over here, you make me laugh. :o) Mind if I steal some of your subtitled? Cuz' they fit my life perfectly...especially the ones about the kid and the heat and the cellulite.
Holy cow! I'm glad you're posting again! (love the list:) And I WILL call you soon!! Have lots to share . . .
Holy Cow--I am having the weirdest dreams too! Chinese spies would have been better--instead I woke up in cold sweat over a very scary moving statue of the Virgin Mary herself coming after me at St. Mary's! Sunday mass anyone? Good to have you back, Jen ; )
Aunt Jenny
Post a Comment