BSM: I ain't got one
Well, at least I'm writing to tell you I ain't got one, huh? Kinda makes me feel like I'm back in school and telling my teacher I don't have my homework. It didn't happen often because, surprise, I was an over-achiever (which, by the way, is really over-rated), but gosh I felt horrible when it did. But, oh, that's right, this is my blog, and I can underachieve if I want to. This is one lesson I know I will teach my children: sometimes it is okay to underachieve. Gosh, I am going to be a great parent. Heh. Not that I'm advocating skipping class or anything like that. Well, when they get to college they can. Now those were fun times.
Anywho, yeah, so no photo(s) from me on the blog today. Well, possibly later today if I feel inspired. Our offspring sprung from his bed at, um, like 5 am and declined to fall back asleep, even nestled (okay, sprawled) between his poor, poor parents. We gave you life, child, and this is the thanks. Thanks. Thanks! Thanks. Thanks!
So I've got the IV drip going from my favorite coffee mug straight to my eyeballs, while Barney croons in the background. God, I love Mondays.
Eli starts preschool this Thursday. Yep, you got it. He's off to the land of nap mats, recess, and the jungle of toddler negotiations. And as I type, watching him systematically unloading our pantry one instant oatmeal packet at a time, I think I am looking forward to it.
27 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Jen, you are going to LOVE preschool. Ha ha.. I mean Eli going there. Not that I get to experience the calmness that overtakes my house when Eva is at the sitter's, but, still, I just *know* it's fabulous!
How many hours per day?
He'll go from 8:30 to 2:30, so that'll give me a nice chunk of time to work on my photogrpahy biz stuff, mop the floors, go to thebathroon on my on (ha!). Right now, he'll only go 1x per week, but depending on how things go, we may add another day. I really would like to find a toddler music class for him, though, because, as we know, the kid loves to rock. Sounds like your beach trip was fun for the most part. Sorry you got sick, but at least you got to sleep, huh? ;-) That's always a plus in my book!
That is a huge chunk of time!! You should add another day in a few months. He will really like the interaction and then you can have one whole day to devote to your biz. Aren't I Ms. Bossy.
Hee, hee. You are not bossy ;-) Yeah, I really am going to think about another day if he does well, and we can swing it financially. He needs the interaction, as he is getting quite territorial these days! I'm waiting for the call to come and get him because he smacked some other kid.
Wow, 6 hours of total freedom every week - awesome! Well, except that you really won't be free cuz of the photo biz and mopping stuff. Ah well. I'm been way too well aquainted with the early morning wakings lately, too. Why won't you sleep, child!?
And yes, over-achieving is so over-rated. I'm done with that, strive for mediocrity is my new motto. ;o)
Zoe's toddler program doesn't start until after Sept. 1oth!!!! I'm longing for my 3 free mornings. As much as I love Zoe and love being a SAHM.... I cannot wait to have some time alone.
We completly understand early mornings...Mia awoke at 5 am VERY often between 15 months and 2 years. Finally we have her sleeping to 6:30-7, but the compromise...getting up at 2 to potty and taking an hour to fall back to sleep. At least AJ is going to bed at 7:30 ish and only waking once for like 15 minutes at 3ish and sleeping until 6:30-7. I can't wait until they sleep all morning and we have a day to sleep in too.
Bethany, your kids sleep like champs!! Glad to hear AJ is a snoozer. Miss you.
Wow, Bethany, Jean is right, your kids do sleep like champs!
You know, I was just thinking about you guys yesterday and am actually putting something in the mail to you today. Hope you guys are doing great. We sure miss you!!
Tell Brian and the kids hi for us ;-)
Post a Comment