11 August 2007

parenting on the oregon trail

Today we decided to plant flowers in our back yard. Clearly, our child was vexed greatly by our decision and he howled like a rabid coyote all the way to the godforsaken nursey to buy said flowers, during which time, SD said to me:

Do you think kids on the Frontier behaved this way?

Me: Hmmmm.

SD: I bet not. Because their parents said, "Pipe down, I've got to go fight wolves in the wilderness."


Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

3 comments:

mom-in-law said...

I bet Eli loved helping to plant the flowers better than going to buy them!! I bet pioneer children didn't get a chance to howl over things like that!!! Glad none of us were in those days. Anxious to see pictures of the gardening session. Love you.

Sarah said...

Hahahaaa. Y'all are insane! I mean that in a good way!

Ellen said...

Lol. At least he didn't say "pipe down or I'll feed you to the wolves in the wilderness" :)