substance
A few days ago Eli had diaper rash again. Anyone who has (or has had) a toddler knows that the diapering process is enough to make you forget your own name, your husband's, what you ate for breakfast, and possibly the name of the latest American Idol contestant voted off the island...er, I mean, stage. So then you can imagine that diapering a toddler with a rashy bum is three times the fun and quite possibly carries the potential to bring about full-blown amnesia. Recently, I was changing a diaper of the muddy variety when, just as I was swooping in for the wipe, my dear toddler rammed his erratic foot in it, which, shockingly, is something he has never succeeded in doing before. After cleaning it, along with his rashy bum, I was still feeling sympathetic and decided to let him run free to air out a little, and then, after what I think was precisely two minutes, he peed on the carpet while pointing to the red balloon in Goodnight Moon.
And to think we were considering getting a dog.
Well, there you have it, folks: substance. Hope you are slurping coffee and loving life on this fine Saturday morn. More tales from our toddlered life coming soon to a blog near you.

8 comments:
I really needed that to make me laugh this morning. Am having an empty nest morning. Yes, at almost 57 and having all my kids out of the nest for quite some time, I still get those moments. Hope it's a sign of having been a good Mom. Keep the "Tales of the Hunter Household" coming. Love you.
As a matter of fact, I WAS slipping a cup of joe and enjoying my Sat morn, UNTIL I read your post. Ha! What a life you lead. I can't wait to enjoy moments like that with my child. You're right, who needs a dog when you have a toddler. :)
The foot in the poop is a bummer. Eva's gotten a heel in there but has not done too much damage. Her rash was recurring for a while but has really been minimized since we started using powder. We use the Buttpaste, too, but I think the powder is the extra help. And we let her naked for a while every day and she's peed here and there. What can you do? heh. I bet Eli loves running naked. Take pics!
MIL: Glad I could provide a laugh. Maybe y'all should get the dog, then we could babysit? ;-)
Jill: Sorry I ruined your morning joe ;-( Hold off on the dog; a child is much more eventful ;-)
Free: Haven't tried the powder yet. Maybe we'll have to do that. So, I have one more day to write a poem for National POetry Month. I'm gunna try!!!!
Jen, just wanted to update you. During Eva's naked booty airing this evening, the girl POOPED on the floor. OMG. So look out for that.
Oh, wow, Jean! Just when you get rid of the cats, Eva starts pooping in the house. Sometimes you just can't win, can you? I think Eli's "free" time will have to be minimal these days. How'd ya clean that up, by the way?
Yeah, pooped on that rug that we bought that Eli promptly puked on. Remember how I was sure it'd get its share of poop!
I cleaned it with hot water and shampoo for lack of something better. I read to get pet cleaner called Nature's Miracle to make sure that the bacteria is killed. I also read you can use hydrogen peroxide. For now I put her toy basket on top of that area.. it's clean looking and smelling but I just want to make sure it's not a health hazard. Joy.
These are great cleaning tips, Jean. I will remember these if/when Eli affords me the opportunity to try them out ;-)
Post a Comment