06 April 2007

30

Happy 30th birthday to my dear husband. I fear if I try to write a proper expression of my love and admiration for him, it may turn into sap, like the one that drips from a bad greeting card or, of course, a sap tree. Sap from a sap tree. God, sometimes my genius astounds me.

Instead, I will just say...that I love your moonwalk, the way you do dishes with your headphones on (a habit I've recently adopted), the fact that you do dishes (god, I'm lucky), and your grilled cheese sandwiches. And much more, of course. And I see lots of cake in our future. I mean lots. Like 90 or so years of it. That's a lot of cake.

I love you, babe. Thirty is gonna be grand.

And now, for the cake...

happy birthday to dad!

7 comments:

mom-in-law said...

He is a very lucky man. Makes a Mom's heart feel good knowing her son has a great woman beside him. Thanks for making his life such a good one. Love you.

Cakes on a Plane said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to Shaun! Please give him our well wishes and love. Thirty IS going to be great! We can't wait to see you both again and celebrate all the birthdays, anniversaries and holidays we've missed thus far.

Jill and Brian O'Hanlon

~Free said...

Happy Birthday, Shaun!! Don't you guys have a damn dishwasher?

Brian said...

Shaun, that's a lot of candles! Happy Birthday!

B&B(&A)

m.e. said...

Thanks for all the wishes, everybody ;-) I think he had a great day. Hope all is well!

AuntSarah said...

Dang, that's some long candles.

:)

m.e. said...

You crack me up! They're sparkler candles. I love them, but they burn really quickly so it's kind of a stresful situation to light, sing HB, take pictures, and blow -- all before the wax hits the icing. In fact, it stresses me out just thinking about it ;-)