23 April 2007

storytelling

I am the proud momma to my first storyboard, which I made using Photoshop. Oh, man, this is going to be addictive. I can see it now: I will be nuzzling up to the laptop, in my bed, until midnight-ish, manically making storyboard upon storyboard. Until my husband tells me lights and laptops out. Heh. So, of course, I had to make this my BSM. We have such great trees and hike/bike trails in our neighborhood. Friday, Eli and I went on a stroll and found this great wooden bridge, and, voila, here are the pictures. He loved running up and down the bridge and peering through the openings into the, uh, slightly dirty brown water. Such a little explorer, that kid. Weekend for us was good, but busy. Saw lots of friends, which was nice. And now it is Monday. Yucko. I am promising myself that I will write something of substance in the next couple of days. After a while, I start to feel like I don't exist anymore if I don't write. Ya know? I think everyone has that *thing* they need to do to feel like a real, living, breathing (slightly deranged) human being. For me, that's writing, so it's coming soon (if you're interested). And as always, shimmy on over
here for more best shots on this here Monday morning. Cheerio.


explore

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely wonderful, adorable photos.

a said...

Each picture is great on its own, but I love the storyboard! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the storyboard!! And the photos are great.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lighting in these!

~Free said...

As usual, great photos of the adorable 'Lil E. Now, Jen, April is almost over. The nation needs a poem!

Stacy said...

Wonderful! The pictures are lovely and you did a great job on your first storyboard. PS is addicting...watch out! You described me fairly perfectly...cuddled up to my laptop until midnight-ish. :)

Ellen said...

This is great! The pictures fit together so well, and I love the simplicity of the layout. I hope you do get addicted, I want to see more :)

m.e. said...

Thanks, everyone, for all the nice comments. Free, I swear I'm gunna write a poem this month if it's at 11 pm on April 30th! ;-)

Anonymous said...

ooh, beautiful! love the vibrant spring colors.
storyboards are so much fun. :)

Sara Moon said...

Perfect, Jen! Love it!

Anonymous said...

All great shots. I really love how the storyboard really tells the story of the moments exploring.

natalie said...

Awesome! I love each photograph, but together they really tell a great story.

Christina said...

Love the storyboard! Each picture is fantastic on its own (great lighting, too), and they comes together so well. I've been wanting to try my hand at a storyboard...but I'm also obsessed enough with this computer, I don't need one more thing demanding my time! :oP

Anonymous said...

Oh man, we need to share Photoshop secrets being that we both embarked on exploring the addictive, crack-like computer program that sucks hours from our lives. But hell, produces great material. I can't wait to collage! You're the best!

Angela said...

Wonderful shots and storyboard.

mom-in-law said...

What can I say...when you have the best subject you have the best photos. We all love the 3 in 1. Looking forward to more of your writing. Love you.

m.e. said...

Thanks, everybody! Fish -- we so need to have a PS convention for two ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh great pics. I really love the color on those pictures.

Great job!

Anonymous said...

Okay, after coming here a few times from Picture This I am officially hooked. I've been looking through some of your archives and a bunch of your Flickr photos. LOVE your photos and your adorable family! Hopefully that doesn't sound stalkerish, I'm just sayin.

m.e. said...

Hey, Paige! Thanks for the love! ;-) I've been to your site a few times as well and love it, too. And I don't think you're a stalker. heh. heh. you're not really a 200-lb tatooed man, are you?

Anonymous said...

All I can say is...WOW! He really is the most beautiful boy in the universe....what a happy, happy lil' man...; )