flights of reminiscence
My sister spent a few days visiting with us last week. We are two years apart and were college roommates, and besides my husband, she's probably one of few people who truly understands and "gets" me. So, needless to say, it's always nice to spend time with her, gabbing about times gone by and our visions and hopes for what lies ahead. On Friday, my wonderful hubbie volunteered to put the tyke to bed so that we could sneak out for a few hours and have some girl time. We went to a local wine bar and chocolate lounge (yes, a whole place devoted simply to dessert...my kind of place). My best shot for this week is from Cru, the wine bar we went to. We each had what's called a "flight" -- 2 ounces each of three different kinds of wine. I did the World Tour flight consisting of various reds, and Mel did the Shiraz flight. Yummo! And then we shared strawberry cheesecake and chocolate truffles at Truffle chocolate lounge, which had a French-y, boudoir feel to it, complete with red-tinted lights. La-tee-da. Thanks, Mel, for the rockin' company. And, since I know you read this, I am challenging you to leave your first-ever comment on my blog, since you are worlds more tech savvy than I will ever be! As always, for more BSMs, click over to Picture This. Have a mauuuuvvelous Monday.
16 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
That sounds like a lovely evening! Your shot is very nice...I love the warmth to it.
mmm...how fun! i love the circular reflections everywhere. they look like happiness. I know what you mean about spending time with your sister. there is nothing like it.
It's Sarah. I keep forgetting my password or something, so I am posting as Anonymous. But, I just wanted to tell you that I love that picture. It's so pretty.
And, let's just see if Mel jumps on the bandwagon and posts a comment...
Love your photo. I love your night out even more!!! I'm so jealous.
Wine bar...chocolate lounge?!! I must move to where ever you live...two of my fave things.
Love the photo.
What an amazing picture of what must have been an amazing night. I love the warm tones and round reflections.
very neat shot and your night out sounds great. mmmm, chocolate lounge.
Jealousy is overtaking me!! First, you have a sister...ohhh...how I've always wished for a sister.
Second, a wine bar! Amazing!
Third...chocolate...that's all I have to say.
Wow. Am I on the spot here? So, here you have it: my debut on the blogger scene. I am forever indebted to you, Jen, for all of the failed-to-be-properly-commented-on reading material (it's been a source of inspiration, humor, remembrance, appreciation...gosh, the list goes on) and to the tech gods (as technology is the subject of my daily work). Hey, how ya like that html-coded italics? And how about this boldness? Anyone else up for a challenge? :)
I love you, sis... (both of you!)
Yay!!!!!!! You commented ;-) I'm stoked! And, yes, I'm way impressed with your HTML-ness. Heh. Love you, too!! And don't be a stranger...
Happy week to you!
P.S. She did it, Sarah. LOL!
P.P.S. Thanks to everyone for the blog love ;-)
Wooo! Go Melanie, it's ya birfday!
Yep! She did it!
Love to you both!
-Sarah
oh Jen! wow! LOVE the photo & all that it represents!!!! Nothing beats a great girly night with sister(s) :o)
x
Ok, so I'm rather outnumbered here as the only guy to comment on what it otherwise a girl post, but I noticed, Sarah, that you forgot to add add "we gon party like it's ya birfday" to that ever so eloquent post about Mel. No offense to you three, or Emily, but I vaguely remember wishing for a brother, at least when Emily was born. I love you four just the same though, and I suppose being the only boy has some advantages, eh? (rhetorical statement/question..no answer required) :o)
So, I read all these comments...and felt the need to join in on the sister chat.
Love all my big sisters!
And the brother too, no worries. :)
And oh, very nice picture, Jen!
Woo hoo!!! All the sibs are in the house. So glad you dropped by. Sorry, Matthew, that you're stuck with all us guhs (as Sarah would say). It's all Emily and Sarah's fault. Heh, heh. Just kidding, girls. Love to all my very cool sibs. You guys rock.
So, Em, as I was commenting, I thought: Do I say "both of you" because that implies I have forgotten about my youngest, one-of-a-kind, third sister? But then I concluded that it may actually be most appropriate, as it seemed you might be a fellow "non-commment-or." Alas, I must proclaim, I love you, too!! And, Matthew--my dearest bra brah (to quote the lovely, pubescent, eleven- to sixteen-year-olds I teach each--and--every day), while I'm spreading all this luv around, I must add: I love you, too!
Okay, now, I'm having a bit too much fun with this html stuff, so it's time to hunt down my college textbook for skill reinforcement... :)
Oh, my goodness!! All this bloggin' sib luv is just wonderful. And I don't think I've ever had this many comments on my blog. Hah! Pays to have a big family :-) You guys are super and I wuv y'all. And I think Mel is having way too much fun with the HTML. Heh, heh...
And kudos to my bra brah for jumping in here to swim with all these guhs. You're a braveheart.
Great shot! Oh baby...looks a little like the weekend I had. Nothing like a little grown-up time!
Oh, y'all are just too fun!
I read all of these comments about love and siblings, and I am just thankful to have all of you alive and well as I watch the poor families of the victims of the massacre at Virginia Tech on the news right now.
I love you all very much!
Oh, I know, Sarah. It's just so, so sad. I did think about you especially being on a college campus on a regular basis. It's just senseless. You can have all these what-if's, but sometimes what is meant to happen happens, and it's just sad. I am glad you are safe, too. I love you!
Oooh, that sounds like my kind of place too! Reminiscing is great, isn't it. And over good food (chocolate's a food, right?) and wine, that's even better.
Love this shot, it looks like it should be on display in a restaurant. Thanks for giving me your blog address, I'll definitely be back!
What a lovely evening you had! Chocolate and wine.....my favorite! Your photo is awesome!Love the warmth and DOF.
I so enjoyed this posting and all the great comments from the Melancon clan. That's really cool. Thanks to my wonderful son for contributing babysitting duties to give you and Mel a good nite. Thatt's so "good husband"! Love you.
Post a Comment