07 March 2007

the fashionably tired and inspi(red)

Our boy child, wonder son, shining star in our universe was up (as in wide awake) at two this morning, blowing zerberts on himself and us, bouncing in his bed, bouncing in our bed, saying his new word "ight" (light), and cracking himself up -- until about 4ish, I think, when I finally was able to settle him and put him back to sleep. So naturally, I am close to zombie status today, even after having my cup o' Joe. When I'm tired (or just lazy), I want to be comfortable, not tied up in the trappings of itchy fabric or anything tight-fitting. What's more comfortable and soft than the good ol' tee, preferably oldish and laundered multiple times already for maximum softness. And what's even more great about the tee is that it can be fashionable, especially these days with all the cool designs. One of my favorites is the (RED) campaign tees. They're sold exclusively at Gap and 50% of the profits go to the global fund to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. I'm sure you know the shirts I'm talking about:



Target also has some fun screen tees, like this one, and strange ones, like this one. Not sure what these animals are doing, but I don't think I want Eli sporting this one. But if you tend towards the slightly bizarre, here's a French tee site I found called La Fraise. Moving right along...if you have a designer within and want to do your own thing, visit CustomInk.com, a very cool company my friend Jill just starting working for, or just click on the badge below my Flickr one. Very cool stuff!

And now for my favorite tee (drum roll, please): this dainty white one from my favorite guilty pleasure store, Anthropologie, from which I will be featuring more fashions later this week. Although, for $68, I'm not sure I'd exactly lie around the house in it.




7 comments:

~Free said...

$68??

m.e. said...

F: Yes, I know...I won't buy it...I'll just dream of buying it. hat store is so freakin' awesome. Maybe in my next life when I come back as a rock star I will be able to afford it.

S: It's been hard. I'm taking next week off. Heh.

m.e. said...

F: Yes, I know...I won't buy it...I'll just dream of buying it. That store is so freakin' awesome. Maybe in my next life when I come back as a rock star I will be able to afford it.

S: It's been hard. I'm taking next week off. Heh.

~Free said...

Yeah, I have been in Anthropolgie searching for something I can afford. So far - nothing :( My coworker's cousin sends her $100 gift cards to that place for her birthday, Christmas, etc. Lucky duck.

m.e. said...

Man, I wish I had a cousin like that!

Sara Moon said...

Hi Jen! It's Sara - your new BFF. You are hilarious! We must meet!

m.e. said...

Hi, Sara! Thanks for visiting my blog :-) Yes, we definitely must meet! Besides our kindred interest, our kiddos are close in age, an added bonus to this budding friendship.Heh. Seriously, we've got to get together. Have a great day...