bowl full o' plums
I'm going to start posting more daily photos here, I think. Maybe it will help me find some inspiration to write more. Like the writing prompts I used to give my 10th graders...ha!
I rarely take the time to just play around with creative photography set-ups, but we were in the backyard the other day, and while Eli was flirting with the idea of digging up my freshly-planted herb garden, I decided to pluck some plums from our tree to do some still life shots. I love still life because -- surprise -- it doesn't move unless you move it. It's wonderful. So when we finally came inside, I plopped the plums in a little olive oil bowl and set them on the seat of an old chair handed down to us from Shaun's great grandmother. The fabric's got a great greenish-yellow, scrolly pattern, and I knew it would look great against the deep red hues of the plums! And it did ;-) It was an interesting 'session' with Eli perched right next to and at times with one leg hiked on the seat. I think it will be a while before I can take him along on a real session as my assistant.
According to our neighbor, the plums aren't edible, so after I was done with them, I let Eli roll them all over the house. And then I noticed the plum insides starting to ooze from the tiny bulbs, and I had a vision of this bright red juiciness smeared all over our freshly painted dining room walls, so we chucked 'em. Quickly.
:::
Shaun's mom (Eli's Granny) arrives today and will be visiting until next week. Shaun and I are looking forward to some time, sans the kiddo, to eat, drink, and be merry. It's my birthday on Sunday, and his was a month ago, so we will be celebrating both. And, I've been dieting (and lost 4 pounds last week...woop, woop), so I'm going to splurge on something decadent. I am licking my chops at the thought. Yum. Yum.
Oh, yeah, and for those of you who watched Idol last night, is it just me, or does Neil Diamond have a lazy eye?
01 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
These colors are so lush! Yes post more daily photos.
Have a fantastic dinner. I still haven't decided what mine will be. (lickin' the chops, too).
Happy Birthday, Jean!!!!
I hope you have a fabulous time indulging in some good eats and drinks ;-)
thanks for the ecard!
On my desk is a Tiramasu Torte. YUmm... 5 points. (Loser)
YUM!!!!
You better eat every last bite of it;-) Ha!!
Life is just a bowl of plums. Heh.
We'll be living it up on Sunday too - it's our anniversary!
Post a Comment