in case you haven't noticed...
I'm running a couple of contests here at my blog:
1. Guess how many planets will have been added to the solar system before Jen writes again?
2. Guess how much longer it will be June 2007 at Jen's blog? (I have always wanted to make time stand still.)
Care to make any wagers?
:::
I also don't have a photo for today, so I figured I'd get that piece of disappointing news out of the way from the get-go. Maybe I'll have something later today. I have videos too, I just have to upload them to Google, which takes, like, a lifetime to complete.
Remember this post? Yeah, well, I'm having trouble juggling all my genius balls again. I've been buidling a photography portfolio for the past month, and haven't been able to concentrate on much else but that, SD, and our boy-child. I've also teamed up with a friend-photographer to do event/wedding photography, so getting that launched has kept me hopping, too. It's all very exciting, but reminds me how much I struggle to mutli-task (a.k.a. juggle said genius balls). I'm not giving up my SAHM gig, so I'm still brainstorming ways to do it all -- if that's even possible.
Ummmm, so let's see, when I last left off, Eli was just learning to walk.
K.i.d.d.i.n.g.
It does seem that way.
He can now:
- run the 100 m dash across our living room and kitchen at least 5 times a day;
- wield a fork like a spear fisherman;
- say the word bubble in at least five different syllabic patterns (the kid is gifted);
- eat LOTS of banannas;
- conjure liquid from a straw;
- d.j. his own dance party with a clock radio (I feel this probably calls for more explanation, but it's most intriguing if left to personal interpretation, I think);
- catch flies, with his own personal samuri style of capture, taught to him by who else but his samuri-fly-swatting Sensei, SD;
- say no (which calls for no further explanation).
We just can't get enough of him.
Happy Monday to all. More catching up to come soon. Really. I mean it.

18 comments:
Jen! I am very exciting about your career in photography and mad that I don't have you next door anymore. Eva needs her photo taken and I was just lamenting about Brian leaving. But now I realize I've lost TWO photographers. Your portfolio is extremely impressive, I must say.
You can definitely do it all, but you might want to find a reliable babysitter.
I wanted to let you know that I've been searching the net for a local photographer for Eva's next set of pictures. I swear, Jen, they've got nothing on you! I'm being completely honest :)
I just checked out your portfolios. They are great! Good luck!
Your portfolio looks great! That looks like so much fun! You can take Courtlyn's picture anytime!
Chentelle
You are one heck of a DIL. BUT...I want pics of Eli!!! You go girl. Love you.
Jean: Thanks so much for your compliments! It's still hard for me to completely own it at this point, like, I'm a what? A photographer? But I truly love it, and I have to believe I will continue to improve. I so wish we were close -- I would love to take Eva's photos, and some of her and Eli together ;-) Wah!
Melody: Thanks! It's definitely a leap of faith, but I'm hoping it works out ;-)
Chentelle: Thanks again for always checking in. You are a faithful commentor! Hope you guys are doing well.
MIL: Video is forthcoming -- I promise!! ;-) ;-)
Jen, your photo blog is beautiful! I love all the shots on there, you truly are gifted especially with getting colour to really look its best. Thanks for sharing that link, I'll make sure to check that out more often.
You've got to get back to blogging, lady! I did notice, and hope you'll get back in the swing of thigs soon.. Just let Eli do all that olympic training on his own while you blog :)
LOL!! Great to hear from you, Ellen! And thanks for all your nice comments ;-)
Guess what?!? You're writing again! With flar and wit to boot! Listen, if you want, I can guest-create your July header...? Just a thought...ok, I'm to post about my favorite band. I bet you can't guess who that is...
Ahhhh, Jill, I would LOVE for you to guest create a July header for me!!! It could be anything. It could be a white header that says July 2007 and nothing else. Ha!!
Jen,
Good luck on your career in photography! I know you take great shots of Eli, so I'm sure you will do a good job in this venture. Just keep practicing and learning everyday. My hardest part is posing people. The few family and friends that I have done have been painful trying to be a director. But I have my first wedding/committment ceremony in September, so I hope I can do a good job.
So, good luck to ya!!!
Thanks, Stacy! Posing is difficult...I'm learning with each shoot I do. I certainly prefer the candid shots. Good luck with your wedding. I'm sure you'll do a great job! We have one in November!
Oh Jen, how exciting! You are doing exactly what I hope to do someday...making the leap from hobby to pro. I am taking notes and may have some questions for you when I go for it. Hopefully it won't be too far in the future.
That's wonderful to hear, Paige! It's scary, and I still have many skills to learn, but like most things, you don't learn unless you challenge yourself! Definitely stay in touch and let me know when you take the plunge. You will do great, I am sure of it ;-)
Jen! No wonder you haven't had time for blogging with all that going on! (I do miss your witty writing, though...). I didn't know you're going pro and I am SO excited for you! I have always admired your photos of Eli and your portfolio pictures are amazing! I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully you can share some tips when I (hopefully!) go pro on day myself!
Thanks so much, Christina! I'll let you know how it goes ;-)
Your portfolio looks super. Good luck with the new venture.
Thanks, Melody! I really appreciate it ;-) I'll keep everyone posted...
Post a Comment