mediocrity this way flies
Okay, this is gonna be quick. Well, everytime I say that, I end up writing something godawful long and overwrought. This won't be it, I can assure you, because I am tired. So, mediocrity this way flies. What have we been up to?
- Eating falafel (which, I think, correct me if I am wrong, is pronounced, fa-la-full). Fa, la, la, la, la...la, la...la, la. Yummy. The Greeks got it right. I guess it's Greek. Got it in the Kosher section of the grocery. Kid likes it. Husband likes it. Wife likes it. Slap it in a pita with some hummus and veggies, and damn, you've got supper.
- Taxes: I think we're gonna get money back.
- Movies: Little Miss Sunshine. Ahhhhh, what a super flick, su-per flick, it's su-per flick-ay, yaohhh. Seriously, SD and I agreed, this is the best movie we've seen in a while, which I guess, isn't saying that much since, well, we *never* watch movies anymore, but it really, really impressed us. Funny and sad and uplifiting and not overly sentimental and just real, right down to the heroin-snorting grandpa, the mom's 10 or 12 pants size, and the angsty-mute teenage son. L.O.V.E.D, loved it. If you saw it and hated it, don't rain on my parade, okay? Devil Wears Prada. Less impressed. Meryl can almost do no wrong in my book of books (Sophie's Choice, anyone?), but, um, the movie was predictable and slightly boring. The clothes, however, were enviable.
- 30: Less than three months for both SD and me. Holy crap. I'm planning to bungee jump or get a tattoo. You think I'm kidding?
- Our child: Beautiful, joyous, perfect, and rashy. He had a reaction to the MMR he got at his 12-mos check-up. The doctor told me it could take up to a week for it to appear, but I don't think I believed her. After a few days, I thought we were in the clear, but then...this:

A aside to the grandmothers: He's fine -- happy as all get-out. It's already started to diminish, but, whoah, was he rashy.
All right, so that's our update. How was your weekend? Do tell...

7 comments:
I hate to sound like a terrible Granny but I couldn't help but laugh at Eli's picture. He does look sad. Like, "Why are u making me take this picture...everyone will laugh at me." Better than getting the measels that bad. Love you.
Poor Eli!! Eva got a rash all over her tummy from the vaccine. It went away in about two days, so hopefully the same will happen with little Eli. But hey - he won't get chicken pox!!
Question: Did your pediatrician order bloodwork for E.? Or lead test?
Finally, we loved Little Miss Sunshine, too :)
MIL: Yes, isn't it a funny pic? You don't sound like a terrible Granny. He had just gotten up from a nap, so he was still a little out of it! But it's the best time to get pictures because he doesn't move around a lot. Ha!
S: I'm glad you came back and read the blog! It only looked like it itched. I don't think it did because he didn't appear irritated or like he wanted to scratch at it. And, yes, the bus honking scene was HILARIOUS! We almost lost it at that part. Well, Shaun did lose it, I think. Glad to hear you loved it, too :-)
Free: No, no bloodwork or lead test. Did Gouel order that for Eva? It was late when I did the post, but I wanted to write more about Eli's burgeoning (sp?)toddlerhood. Man, he's getting wild. Is Eva? It's damn cute, though.
The lead test is elective, but I'm not sure what the other one is. I might call to see if she really needs it. It's been VERY hard for me to get out during the week, let alone sit and wait for the lab to take her blood. Because YES SHE IS WILD!! She's starting to walk, too. We took her to visit our friends and their new baby and all I did was chase her around their house for ah entire hour.
Ahhhh, yes, the chase-toddler cardio workout. At least there's this benefit. And I agree, sitting, waiting for tests SUCKS. I do find myself wondering what I should and shouldn't question about what the doctor recommends sometimes. We do miss Gouel's kind and gentle nature. I think we may actually switch peds soon. We're not thrilled with the one we currently have. Anywho, happy Eva-chasing. Miss you guys. Oh, and I was surprised to hear the new neighbors hadn't moved in yet! Are they working on the house or do they have another house they're still bound to?
They did tell us they would not move in until February. We have seen him hauling stuff away, but I have no idea what they are doing in there. I was shocked to see them making any repairs/changes because your house was in such great condition!! Maybe he's hacking away at the basement?? I don't know. I'll be sure to give you all the details when I know more. Did I tell you they are having TWINS?? Maybe it's good you moved away. The Goodwood water is getting stronger!
Yes, you did mention TWINS!!!! OMG. That is a blessing I truly hope I never receive. I don't think I could handle it. I hope they are happy in the house -- we do miss the old thing! But there are advantages to a newer house even though it doesn't have the charms of an older one...
Post a Comment