22 February 2007

the house of the monster teeth

I promised myself I would post today, no matter how lame it might end up being, because I know there are some (all, say, seven of you) who like to see updates. It's 10:30ish and I'm just having my coffee now, so who knows WHAT will spew forth from this keyboard. I'm just saying, don't expect (my usual), um, greatness. Heh.

We're upholding the almighty status quo here and trying relentlessly to get organized, stay organized, work on pet projects, be healthy, stay healthy, visit the gym more than never per week, refrain from tripping over hammers, cars, and other brightly-hued plastics, be good parents, enjoy parenting, be good spouses, raise a good son, enjoy life, be kind, and find amusement in all things chaotic.

Sound familiar?

Eli has TWO HUGE MONSTER TEETH charging out of the top backsides of his mouth. Ouch, I know. Considering this, he is still dang happy, but he has been waking up in the middle of the night for the past couple of days. He spent half of one night with us in our bed and got us to wondering why on Jupiter we didn't get the king-sized mattress.

You may be able to see specks of the tiny dentures in this photo, one of my recent favorites:


Despite this seeming setback, he has managed to carry out most of his typical toddleresque mischief, which lately has included:

  • ordering an on-demand movie with the remote control,
  • dialing 911 while playing with the phone (I usually take the battery out, but of course, the one time I don't...),
  • putting my underwear (clean, of course) on his head and blithely trotting around the room, which I will, OF COURSE, bring up when he is 16 and angsty.

Yes, things are getting interesting.

8 comments:

mom-in-law said...

I can't wait to go to your site and find a new entry. Of course it is mostly because of your subjects!! Little boys, they never cease to amaze you. Keep the "tidbits" coming. I certainly look forward to reading them. Always makes my day better. Love you.

~Free said...

That photo is just glorious! How many teeth does little E. have now? My nephew called 911, too. They figured it out when the police showed up at their door. You figure with all those damn buttons, surely they won't be able to figure anything meaningful out! Yet, they do!

So the residents of your new home move in next month. He said that everything was great and in move-in condition, but he just wanted to change things. Jason said he completely ripped apart one of the bathrooms, but not sure which. I'll sneak a camera in there sometime.. hee hee

m.e. said...

OMG...I hope it's the basement bathroom. Shaun spent so much time installing the plumbing for the pedastal sink upstairs. But, I guess that's what happens when you sell your house! Everyone has their own tastes and I certainly understand that. I hope they will be happy in the house. Any further plans for you guys to move to PA?

m.e. said...

Oh, I forgot: Eli has 4 teeth completely out and two on their way, for a grand total of SIX SHARP OBJECTS of the mouth with which to bite.

m.e. said...

Police called to make sure everything was okay but didn't drive over here. I was surprised. I mean, what if someone would have been holding a gun to my head but I managed to dial 911 with a hidden finger? In that case, OF COURSE I would have told her everything was a-okay. Duh.

m.e. said...

MIL: Hope Liz got off okay yesterday morning?

~Free said...

Jen, the move to PA is logistically difficult. It is still our intention, but maybe not this year. :(

m.e. said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Jean, but at least you're still considering it. I hope things work out like you want them to...