07 January 2007

the land of toddle

Okay, so I'm embarrassed I've left up my "tiger pride" post as long as I have, as if it somehow it defines who I am (one who thinks of no loftier fancies than the tossing of a pigskin to an overweight male who gets paid far too much money to run a straight, and sometimes jagged line, in order to score "points," which, really, don't amount to a whole lot of diddley-hoo). And I've just disappointed (and potentially ticked off) every person reading this blog who enjoys eating salsa and chips and watching the aforementioned drill. I don't hate it, really. And besides, how many people really look at my blog. And, truth be told, I do have a certain fondness for the purple and the gold. And sorry, Jill, for my insults upon the Irish. Please convey my sincerest apologies to your husband, whose good name I have sorely offended.

Speaking of running straight and jagged lines, we have one in our presence who does such a thing, albeit without a pigskin. Yes, it's our tiny toddling tower of Eli, who, for the record, does define much of who I am at the moment. In the past week, he has learned that he can travel to great lands (the dining room) if he finds a solid surface from which to push up and depart. My creative stores are depleted tonight; otherwise, I'd include a snappy metaphor to further describe what he looks like when he toddles. All I can say is it's cuter than anything we've seen so far from him. Okay, that's a lamo excuse for a description, I know, but again, am tired...organized pantry today.

Oh, yeah...the smack...came down. And it's a vision of beauty if I may exclaim so. I will be including some fine pantry photography soon, so stay tuned. We're talking canned goods at attention and even pledging allegiance to their snazzy new abode. Trust me, it's a sight to behold.

Hope all weekends near and far were satisfying. Mondays always make me want to claw my sagging eyelids off. Ugh. Sorry about that. You know you're tired when...you make disgusting jokes about your eyelids. More pictures and exciting updates from us coming soon...

6 comments:

mom-in-law said...

As always, enjoyed reading your blog. Disappointed no pictures!!! Love you.

m.e. said...

Did you get the Santa picture in the mail?

~Free said...

Can't wait to see the pantry! I am starting the basement tonight. It's "Garbage" week. I'm just going to toss everything I can.

m.e. said...

Ooooh, good luck with the basement! Can't wait to see some photos of that, too. The pantry is not completley done yet, but MUCH better than before, and it makes me breathe a lot easier!

mom-in-law said...

Santa and Eli was adorable. I bet next years will be a little different! I am getting ready to tackle the spare room closet...with all the holiday decorations in it!!! I may even take a picture or two. Love you.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! Jen had I read your rant about chips/salsa and football...well I still would have brought chips and salsa for game night! AH! Had a blast watching the Saints game with you three. I will try to bring something other than chips and salsa this time! Love ya! :-) -Yvonne