throwing a bone...
Because it's been a week since my last post, I know. And I also know that my Catholic-school grammar teachers would say, "You're not supposed to begin a sentence with because." And so I do it because I'm almost 30, and it's artistic rebellion, and, er, nothing else is coming to me here. Seriously, I should think of doing other rebellious things because if all I've got is grammatical rebellion, well, that's just pathetic. And how do I ALWAYS manage to launch into these idiotic musings anyway?
We have been doing a few things of note, if you're interested. Yeah, yeah, I know, you only come for the pictures, but the writing is for me and for whoever else feels so inclined to partake. So, here goes our update:
- We've been a few Village People latley hanging at the Y.M.C.A. We joined a couple of months ago, and are just now kind of hitting our stride with going regularly. There's a great Child Watch program where we bring the tyke, and although it was an adjustment (for all of us!) at first, he's loving it, and it's great to see him interacting with other kiddos. One of the first times we brought him, SD said, as we sauntered to the cardio room, "Man, I feel like we're dating again."
- I also recently joined an area mom's group and will join up with a smaller playgroup within the larger organization. Eli and I were supposed to go to a gathering yesterday, but the weather was, um, cold and gross, so we stayed in.
- Let's see, what else? Well, first birthdays are in the air and all around us. Well, that was redundant. Ahem. This weekend we will attend the first birthday party of SD's boss's daughter, and I will be taking notes because we have our own coming up soon. Also, Eli would like to send his personal birthday wishes to Eva Rose, his first love and future prom date, who turns one today. Love ya, babe. Call me.
- And the love for the revamped pantry continues. Now if I could just transfer that model to all the closets in our house, it would be true bliss. We're working on Eli's room now and going through all of the clothes he's grown out of. It's just a little sad to me that he will never be that small again, but I'm getting over it because he's just so much fun now, and I know the next year holds even more surprises, some of which I'm just a little afraid to behold, actually.
Happy Thursday, and I will try to throw a more substantial bone (with more than one picture) soon. But in the meantime, check out our Flickr slideshow if you haven't yet. From here, look left, and you can't miss it. Because it's blinking and flashing and, well, now I've just started another sentence with that word. Because I can. Because I like it. Because I'm just a little crazy. Because, as I told one of my childless-but-soon-to-be-a-mom friends this week, you do lose brain cells when you become a mother, in case you didn't know.

7 comments:
I believe the first sentence might even be a run on sentence. But wait! No dangling modifiers! What kind of gramatical rebellion is this!
A few things:
Are Eli's eyes still blue? They look green here to me.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes! Eva had a great day.
That is awesome about the YMCA. We've been going, too, but Jason is wary of their day care. However, we are in freaking Baltimore... so I don't blame him.
Finally, I thought of you today while making soup. Have you ever tried "Better then Bullion" chicken stock? It comes in a small jar and you mix it with water. It's made from real chicken stuff (?) and my point is that it will eliminate all those broth cans from your pantry.
Well, technically, Brian, I believe the entire thing is a freakin' fragment and all dependent, but then again, I haven't been an English teacher for a while so what do I know? And I have lost brain cells in the labor and mothering process. Sigh. One day I will be grammatically savvy again. How are you guys?
Jean, I have tried bouillon (sp?) cubes before but not necessarily the brand you speak of. Yes, that would save space in the pantry but then I would have the extra step of dissolving them in water?! I think Eli's eyes are still blue?.!.?! Heh. Really, I do. What color are Eva's these days. So glad you guys had a good day. I was really nostalgic thinking about her birth. Not like I was there or anything, but you know what I mean. Here's to the next year of wonder and surprises...
It's not boullion... it's like a paste. Hard to explain. It disolves instantly and it's not salt/fake chicken flavor. Anyway, I LOVE the stuff!!
Eva's got hazel eyes.
Hmmmm, a paste? No, then I can't say I've heard of it. I will have to look for it because I use a lot of chicken broth in my cooking. Ah, hazel eyes :-)
Ahhh, shucks, Sarah, you're gonna make me blush :-)
Oh, and, yes, Brian, I shall strive to dangle a modifier in my next post. You are right, what kind of grammar rebel do I think I am??!!??
Post a Comment