02 January 2007

beautiful belly



No, this is not my belly a year ago, but I kind of wish it was. We saw what we thought were elbows or knees when I was pregnant with Eli but never this. I'm not sure where the picture originated, but it was in a set labeled photos of the year sent to me by my dad. And I guess there's a chance it could be a photoshop creation, but even so, what a remarkable impression of a life, waiting to burst forth into its new reality. Wow.

4 comments:

~Free said...

I have always wondered if that was a real photo or not.

m.e. said...

Real or not, I still love the picture. We have a couple of pictures of what seemed like an elbow poking out of my stomach. That's when I felt like I was giving birth to an alien child:-) How are you feeling? Any better?

~Free said...

Yes, I've totally recuperated just in time to come back to work. Yippee.

m.e. said...

Oh, of course. Why does it always happen that way: sick your on your time off but well to go to work? Glad to hear you're better, though, even if it means being better at your desk! Hope 2007 is going well for you guys so far. Tell J and E hello from us!