Behold, a pantry!
Okay, first things first, cause I'm feelin' guilty:
- I am fully aware that not ALL football players are overweight and male,
- that college players don't get the big bucks that pro-players do;
- and that on occassion, I have been known to enjoy chips and salsa.
Now then, I promised evidence of the SMACK's descent.
Remember this (gasp):

Who's your mama now?

Who am I kidding? Like you were even going to believe this might be my pantry. This is my idol pantry that one day, just maybe, if the kitchen gods smile down upon me, I will achieve. For now, I had to settle for a more inexpensive solution and something I was capable of accomplishing in a fairly short amount of time. It's not perfection, but I love it, and it has made the last 48 hours of meal preparation more joyful than you could ever know.

Baskets were on sale at Home Depot. Stackable containers were not on sale at Target, but we got them anyway, and my favorite aspect of the makeover: spice world (see below).

God, I LOVE Ikea. Cheap spice jars AND cheap hot dogs. Here's a close up of the spicaaayyy spiiiiice...ahhhh.

I'd like to thank my husband for the moral support and for providing pep talks when, thinking I could not go on, I struggled to find a place for the crushed box of Ziplocs. And to our son Eli, thank you for taking great naps. I'm hoping the canned goods remain upright for at least a week. Silly idealism.

4 comments:
I would have severed our friendship if that was your real kitchen pantry. HA. The real pantry looks amazing!!! SOOOO organized! I love the spice shelves. Our cabinets need some sprucing up, too, but the basement calls. It's so bad I don't even want to post pics.
I didn't scroll down far enough and kept wondering how ya'll had enlarged the pantry!! Duh.... And I thought that yellow was really cheerful. Cheers to you, Jen. Love you.
They really do have cheap hot dogs, like 49 cents cheap!!! You can buy a combo meal with a drink and HUGE bag of chips for under $3. Then again, I guess hot dogs are cheap in general and I shudder to think about what's in them. I just eat them and forget.
Sarah, I should have clarified that they have a food section and full-scale restaurant in addition to home furnishing items. Next time you come to visit, we'll take you!! You would seriously want to buy stuff for your room!
Post a Comment