love from texas
It's very late, but I just wanted to post a quick one before we fly off into the sunset tomorrow. Flying into the ice and snow is probably a better way to put it, but we're trying to be optimistic.
First, I am premenstrual and more bloated right now than a dead fish, but ain't nothin' gonna rain on our parade, not even a menstrual cycle. Second, why did no one tell us we were going to lose an hour today? -- that was particularly fun to discover. And third, well, I don't have a third, except to say that we are almost completely packed and about to pull the covers over our heads and catch a few hours of nighty night before our very early wake up call. Tomorrow morning we will sign the closing papers on our house here (woop, woop), Fed Ex a final box of goods to Maryland, then head to the airport to catch our 12:30 flight.
Despite a couple of minor kinks, we have really enjoyed our last few days in Texas and will have very fond memories of our year and a half here. We spent today catching up with lots of friends, which was the best way we could have hoped to spend our final day here. I will post again as soon as I have access to the internet, which hopefully will be tomorrow night in our hotel. Until then, wish us luck and say a big, fat prayer that we are not escorted off the plane tomorrow, toddler flailing about ;-)
09 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Texas already misses you! Hope that your travels are smooth :)
Sincerely, The Montemurnos
Hope your flight is going well. And there is lovely weather waiting for you here. For now.
Oh, guh. I am thinking about y'all!! Hope everything goes like planned!
Sending a great big ol' bucket of good wishes for a smooth move!!! I kinda liked thinking of you "only" a few hundred miles south of me, but a few thousand miles north is good, too. :o)
we miss you already!
We miss you here on Greentwig, The Slook's wish you all the best and remember we are coming to visit!!!
Post a Comment