st. joe, pray for us
I am finally hogtying myself to the computer to blog. I know, I take blogging way too seriously.
It's Tuesday, and I am already wishing it was Friday, just so we could take a bit of a breath, or at least not feel guilty for it. Guilty for breathing is how I feel these days.
Last week Shaun was in Maryland working. My parents visited for a couple of days to help out, so that was nice. My dad was able to fix our garage door, which was super nice because its status of 'broken' had been a giant pain in our ass, among many other things associated with our (still unsold) house. My mom gave Eli a haircut, which was much-needed because, I swear, the boy's hair grows like we'd be feeding him Flinstone vitamins (which we are not). And we took Eli to Chucky Cheese and were forced to resort to complex forms of trickery to get him to leave.
Shaun returned Friday morning and his parents drove in Friday evening to spend the weekend with us. Again, we got lots of help with the kiddo, which was very nice, considering we had three showings this weekend, and the house had kind of gone to crap while he was gone, and I was left to harness our son's recently-acquired 2-year-old-ness. They also treated us to dinner at Lupe Tortilla's, which is the best Mexican restaurant in the world, except perhaps for Mexico. I'm telling you, people, there is only one word to describe the brilliance of this place: fajitas. If I could choose a second word, it would be margaritas. We also got to tour various sites in The Woodlands (as in the mall, Market Street, parks, etc), all while having to vacate our house for would-be buyers to drag their dirty feet on our freshly Pinesoled floors.
But I am not bitter.
Well, maybe I am -- just a little bit. But that will soon be washed out with the mop water because (drum roll, puh-leeze): We are moving. Excuse me, but that should have been in caps: WE ARE MOVING. Now then.
Yes, friends, the time has come for us to fly away to a distant land in the East.
We booked our flights tonight. We fly out of Houston March 10, and I just don't think I can believe it until it happens. I also can't believe that we will be in a confined space with a 2-year-old for three hours.
We will close on the house in Maryland the morning of March 11, and if all goes well, our goods will arrive on the 12th.
No, we have not sold our house here yet, but here's our most recent strategy:

And, it only cost 8 bucks -- and some prayers, of course. Just as a side note, I especially like how it says on the box that he's helped 1000s. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I expected that it would have been more when you consider the number of years St. Joe has probably been doing this.
Here's a shot of Eli helping to bury St. Joe.
And let me tell you, he tossed that statue in the ground like a hot potato. Poor St. Joe. No reverence from the toddler.
And apropos of nothing I have said in my above commentary, according to my gynecologist, I am a one-woman circus (my words not hers) since I am in the very small percentage of women who have a uterus that tips towards my backside instead of towards the front. It's nice to be unique.
12 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I was just looking at your flickr pics. Jen-- Eli is outrageously cute. I cannot imagine a bone in his body that is not sugar-coated.
Yeah, the 1000s is sort of deflating. But maybe it's an old box! Hardy har har. St. Joe will pull through for your family, I just know it. Anyway, owning two homes is old hat for you guys!!
I simply cannot wait for the Eli and Eva extravaganza.
Thanks, Jean ;-) And, yes, I, too, cannot wait to watch Eli and Eva tear it up...literally, probably. Ha! We'll keep you guys posted on our plans.
Yea for you guys moving! We also are in the process of moving. We settled on our house at the beginning of the month and are painting/ preparing it for our move. I'm excited and glad we have a house, but I HATE moving.
The St. Joe thing is very strong. I was going to go that route (the burying thing) but a week of prayers to him and our house was sold! I also remember Maggie and Jens burying St. Joe at the old house on Goodwood and within a week they had more people coming to see the house and a couple bids (pretty sure you were one of them). So good luck with that!
On a different note...I keep hearing that 3 is so much worse than 2...I'm becoming a believer. Or Mia just waited until the last months of being 2 to be terrible! My behavior strategies that I used in my classroom and tons of stickers are holding us at bay...but some days I need to send her to my mom or sister's because I just can't do it anymore!
Bethany: Please keep this bad 3 year old business to yourself!! Ignorance is bliss! But seriously, I'm really sorry Mia is kicking your ass. At least you have places to ship her off to. And congrats about the house :)
That's exciting that you picked a date for moving! I bet that makes it feel real.
As for the tilting uterus. I have heard of that, and I am crossing my fingers for a possible reason that it was discovered.
Good luck on the move, Jen! Oh yeah - you don't need luck - you have St. Joe! :)
You keep teasing us with the "tilted uterus" line, and then it's just that one little paragraph??? Well. But we already knew you were special.
I'm psyched for you that moving day is finally coming! That's got to be the pits, living with a foot in two worlds. And maybe St. Joe will come through for you before then ;o)
This is your best blog yet. FIL came into the living room to find out what I was so heartily laughing about. He's NEVER done that. We so enjoyed the weekend. It was just too short. Eli is just amazing. Love you. MIL
Congrats on the move! My parent's house in Houston is still on the market as well...they sold it to my dad's company...maybe they should have used St. Joe! ;-)
Tilted uterus? So are baby plans in the air??? hummmmm...you can join me! Brent and I are expecting baby#2 in September!
Chentelle
Great things will come to you soon. I see it.
I think St. Joe's going to come through! I can feel it. And, I wonder if this uterus thing runs in the family. I kind of laughed after I read that last paragraph, but I hope it's nothing serious or wrong. I wish you could come to BR again!
Post a Comment