11 December 2007

peace offerings

Well, I won't apologize. Things have been goddamn busy in these here parts. We have offered on a wonderful, completely re-habbed historic home in Maryland, but the catch is that we have to sell our house here is Texas. And what fun that has been so far for the near 4 weeks it has been listed. I love to clean house, all the damn day. It's a lot of fun and makes me think that instead of using extra money on a pedicure or, say, five bottles of Mad Housewife Merlot, or perhaps even a holiday prescription of Prozac -- I want to pay for a housekeeper. And you know you want to do the same.

As a token of my appreciation for staying with me and checking a near-nonexistent blog for the past couple of months, I give you
my absolute favorite soup recipe (besides my beloved crab and corn soup recipe, of course). It's not MY recipe, but it's from one of the funniest women on the internet -- at least I think so. I linked the recipe so you can read her hilarious commentary on preapring this soup. Oh, and just a word to the wise, if you use a really sharp knife, the squash peeling goes MUCH faster, and wielding such a sharp object will make you feel more in control than you have since the holiday season began. Trust me on this. Also, for maximum creaminess, you MUST use butternut squash. Trust me on this, too.

Also, as soon as I can get organized (which, trust me, is no small feat), I will be running a contest here for you to win a couple of printable photo albums, compliments of HP! I recently participated in a photography project for mom-bloggers through HP. My interview is on their site, along with some of my fave photos, if you want to check it out. Go to the 'My Interview is Here' link in my sidebar.

Lastly, what kind of peace-offering post would this be without pictures of the kid. So, here he is, ready for a stroll a couple of weeks ago. And we haven't had need for a coat or hat since. So, it's not beginning to feel a bit like Christmas here. But that's okay.







What can I say but that the kid LOVES balls. And, he got his first 'real' haircut about a month ago, even though you can't see it here. I will try to post photos of that soon. He is a 'real' boy now. No more curls. After much intraspection, I am okay about it. Ha.

More fun facts about what in the world we've been doing over the past couple of months coming soon, I promise. In the meantime, go make a squash soup and email me to tell me about it, okay?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed to admit how excited I got to see this new post. Heh. I am also equally excited about you rehabbed house! Finally, hire a house cleaner! DO IT.

Anonymous said...

yay for squash soup recipe! i will make it this weekend! yum! and yay for a new post too! ;)

~sarah folse

Anonymous said...

So happy to see your new post. We so enjoyed Eli and of course ya'll last week and weekend. And I will try the soup. Jenny and i will be the only two who will eat it. We tasted it last year for Thanksgiving. Yummy. Love you. MIL

Melody A. said...

I can't believe you're leaving the Great State of Texas. We lived in Maryland for a short while. I does snow there, though. We've had less than winter here. Good luck with the sale. Our house was on the market for over 6 MONTHS! Not to discourage you.;-)

Sarah said...

WAAHOOOOOO!!! She's back.. the girl (guh) is BACK! TeeHeeHee.

Christina said...

WHEW, I'm tired just hearing about all that. What a whirlwind. Good luck with the house sale, it's so hard with this buyers-market. My sister's had hers on the market for months with no bites. Oh wait, I should be more encouarging than that; I'm sure yours will sell VERY SOON! :o) Anyway, great to see a new post, the Maryland house sounds fantastic, the hosuekeeper sounds like a darn good idea, and the soup sounds delish. Oh, and of course the boy is stinkin' cute and your photography rocks.

m.e. said...

Thanks, everyone! It's good to be back. I will try to post again this weekend ;-)