28 July 2008

you spin me round, round, baby, round, round



Only a photo to share today. Back to feeling overwhelmed and like I will never be able to write (aka, truly reflect on my life) again. I guess that's what retirement is for. lol. Happy belated birthday wishes to Aunt Jenny and Nanny Mel, and happy anniversary to our good friends Jill and Brian who celebrated 6 years on Sunday ;-)

Got my new Canon 40D today (can I get a woop, woop?), so I am looking forward to taking my photography skills to the next level. I hope. I'm tackling full manual mode next. I wonder if I can do that and bite my nails at the same time?

And, just for the record, and in the event Eli reads this blog one day, he was almost entirely an absolute dream of a child today. And, yes, I fully expect to pay for it tomorrow.

11 comments:

Debbi said...

Congrats on the 40D. I'm hoping to pick mine up in the next couple weeks - so expect more crazy emails from that chic in ND asking questions!

m.e. said...

lol, debbi. keep sending those emails ;-) i love to collaborate. and, hey, congrats on the 40D. i really wanted the 5D but couldn't justify it at this point in my business. but so far, i am loving the 40D...quite a significant upgrade from my little rebel-that-could. hah, hah.

~Free said...

Yay Jen!! You so deserve it.

m.e. said...

thanks, jean :-) i'm so glad i'll have it for ocean city!! now if i could only decide on which new lens i want!

Christina said...

woop, woop! Congrats, so excited for you!!!

And, are you paying for it today? You know, which Eli? Mine has NOT been a dream child today, so I'm hoping I deserve a better tomorrow.

m.e. said...

thanks, christina! ;-)

i am excited...now if i could just get some time to use it!

eli has been slightly less dream-like today. heh, heh. i knew it.

although, he still is being pretty good. i wonder what he's go up his sleeve for later in the week. lol.

Sara Moon said...

Congrats on the 40D! I want to hear all about it. Can you send me your phone number again??? I would rather talk and catch up ear to ear!

Great photos of the little. He is looking so little guy instead of little toddler...

Stephanie said...

WOOP WOOP for sure!! Uh oh...now I'm going to be even more jealous of your pics of Eli. Maybe it's the cuteness of your kid?

I wish.

I love all of your paintings and I'm so proud of you investing in yourself. You're so worth it and we're all benefiting as well!

~Free said...

I am sure Stephanie meant to type "photographs". She is sort of immersed in paint lately.

m.e. said...

I figured that...ha, ha ;-)

Stephanie said...

how awkward. thanks for cleaning up after me, jean.