om
Keep walking, though there's no place to get to.
Don't try to see through distances. That's not for human beings.
Move within, but don't move the way fear makes you move.
Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study and begin reading. Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
-- RUMI, as quoted in Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
21 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Gulping down my second gallon of coffee this morning because I was feeling soooo stressed---
This was a little dose of sunshine & made me think of Ms. Terry---
Hope everyone "takes an instrument off the shelf" today!!
Smooches & Smooches ; )
Aunt Jenny
This is my meditation for the day :)
Jenny: I thought of Mrs. Terry as well, and emailed her this last night. I need to print this and hang it on my fridge.
Jean: Glad I could provide a meditation for you! I signed up for Weight Watchers online yesterday and I started today. Yay!
Jen, I hope it works for you! I am a wealth of information, so feel free to email me with any questions. I can be your cheerleader :) And help you come up with recipes. The site has lots of good ones, too, btw.
Thanks, Jean. I will definitely be emailing you for some of your fave recipes!
Post a Comment