gah
I am a lazy sloth who eats salt and vinegar potato chips and chocolate chip cookies, a circumstance which greatly contributes to the (large) status quo of my ass and the lack of energy i have as of late. i guess to be fair, the lack of energy is also attributed to the toddler who lags behind my motherly load, exclaiming:
"Look, momma...Dee-go's (Diego's) truck!"
But to be fair, as he follows me, also recounting the details of yesterday's ride in momma's new car or about putting his shoes on to go 'out-tide,' I am headed in the direction of the kitchen to get another cookie. So if you were inclined to feel bad for me, you shouldn't.
It relieves stress, what can I say?
Apparently I don't want to lose 10 pounds (or 20) badly enough, otherwise I'd be raiding the fridge for a carrot stick. Ha! The very image of that makes me double over in an incapacitating fit of laughter.
So, my American Idol addiction continues, and I personally thought little Archuletta made a superb choice of song tonight, even though I agreed with Simon that his vocals didn't cause the jaws of America to drop to their knees (my words, not his). But do we *really* want the jaws of America to drop to their knees? I think not, people. And, furthermore, I think that sentence makes absolutely no grammatical sense whatsoever. But it's late, and I'm leaving it in because now that I've called attention to this, I find it wildly funny. Okay, perhaps not wildly, just mildly. And, apparently, now I can rhyme, too.
I think D. Archuletta and D. Cook will be the last men standing, even though I ADORE Carly Smithson ;-)
And -- Michael Johns. Ahhhhh. He will not win. In fact, sadly, I think he and little Brookie will be out soon. However, he would be on my bedroom wall (on a poster, people) if my husband would let me. But he's gotta stop with all the Queen/rocker songs and do more blues. And -- I'm sure he will get right on that per my recommendation...because, you know, he's reading my blog right now.
Having said all of this, I don't vote, so how much of an addict can I really be? Truly. I should just stick to the potato chips and cookies. No voting required.
Hope all is well and true in all of your worlds. We miss everyone who is far away, but we are makin' tracks here. And, happy 31st to my lovely husband, who celebrated his big day Sunday with a paint roller in his hand.
21: beer bottle.
31: paint roller.
Any takers on 41? Gawd, 41. Ick, Ick. Get out of my head, 41. La, la, la, la, la, la.
Be back soon with more exciting stuff soon. Really. I will. Once American Idol is over. I promise.
Peace out.
08 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Happy Birthday to Shaun!! 41... I think he'll be back to a beer bottle :)
Good to see your posting. As always it made me smile and chuckle. Thanks!!! And the pictures. What can I say? You have the perfect subject. Love you...MIL
Am I the only person in the entire United States who does NOT watch American Idol??
1st--What kind of car did you get?
2nd--mmmmmmmmmm, cookies and chips--I remember what those used
to taste like--I am jealous.
3rd--although 41 seems very decrepit, I must say that I am rather looking forward to it--31 was empowering and magnificent, but my 40's, I suspect, will be my most fantastic years--I will start eating cookies and chips again!!!!
and finally, 4th--Christina my friend--I do not watch American Idol. You are not alone in the universe!
oh yeah--and did I mention Elijah is still the most beautiful toddler in the universe-sniff,sniff. Can't wait to smell his little puppy-dog head!
Smooches & Smooshes
Aunt Jenny ;}
Christina and Aunt Jenny - yes you are the only two people who don't watch AI. : )
Jen - I love Brooke! And David Archuletta (I call him Archie) and I live a few others too. I actually voted last night for Brooke because I really didn't like her song. I feared for her so I thought I should vote. That way if she gets kicked off I can say I tried to save her.
By the way, if I didn't say so already the new photo site is great and the logo looks awesome! And I am not just saying that!
Ahem. I don't watch A.I. either. I am, however, a Project Runway ADDICT.
Oh, I love me some Project Runway too. But I don't think we get Bravo anymore ;-( I'll have to get the DVDs.
Aunt Jenny: We got a 2004 Honda Civic ;-) It's cute and functional and will become a great commuter car for Shaun when we get a new 'family' vehicle down the road (heh, heh...no pun intended). I'm glad to have some reliable wheels!
And, I just have to say, AI is the bomb...you people are missing out...;-)
Post a Comment