12 November 2006

Through the Woods

We rounded out our weekend with a stroll through the neighborhood, which we are becoming quite fond of these days. It was a beautiful, crisp, bright (insert other choice seasonal adjectives) autumn day -- wait, wait, wait...am I positively sure of this? For some reason the gods of El Nino or some other natural phenomenon saw fit to send us a cool front. We now promise not to complain for at least a week about how it is November and still hot here. And if they could arrange for it to stay this way indefinitely, I'd totally be willing to, like, ceremonially dance around a pile of leaves and burnt spices in the name of traditional fall weather. I'll alert the neighbors first, though.

Weekend was nice. Eli got to see his Mimi and Grandad, who drove in from Louisiana for a short visit. Although he was chasing a nose that just wouldn't stop running and beginning to sound at times like he was morphing into a baby frog, he was, as always, the happiest baby on the block. Okay, so I think he's the only baby on the block, but he would be the happiest even if he wasn't alone. And no, I'm not a competitive mother. Now that he is nearly recovered, Eli plans to continue his daily regimen of push-ups, pull-ups, crawling, and breathing exercises (mostly snorting) in preparation for other doting guests who will be visiting over the next couple of weeks.

And, I wasn't going to write captions because I'm tired, but here you go. I know, I shouldn't be such an over-achiever.

P.S. Hey, how about Houston winning the MLS championship, huh? Daddy was excited.

Not the best nature photography you've ever seen #1

Not the best nature photography you've ever seen #2

The best kiddo I've ever seen :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elijah really is THE most stunning baby in the universe...I finally got a chance to read through all of your last few blogs...and the pictures and video...STUNNING! Can't wait to see y'all in a week!! Hugs and kisses

m.e. said...

Dear Aunt Jenny,

We can't wait for your visit. Thanks for saying I'm so good-looking -- I get that all the time. See you soon!

Love, Eli

~Free said...

Oh my God, Eli! How can he be any cuter? I am sure you kiss those cheeks 100 times a minute. Are those pics of your neighborhood?? Seriously? It's beautiful!

m.e. said...

Yep, kiss the cheeks at least 100 times. Scrumptious. And, yep, it's the hike/bike trail and a park in our neighborhood. It's really a nice area, just wish it was a wee bit cooler!