his mouth gapeth open
Something deep within me could not go to sleep tonight without posting this photo. I have been going through a ton of photos, trying to clear space on my hard drive (blech), and this is one of my recent favorites. Doesn't he look so BIG?? Wahhh. It makes me want to cry. And then on another day, I am looking forward to reclaiming my life when he goes to college. Such is the paradox of motherly emotions, I suppose. We are back from Louisiana and heading to Ocean City for a couple of days with Jean, Jason, and little Eva, Eli's future prom date. I will be back with lots of photos and updates from both trips, hopefully. It has been a whirlwind since we returned, and Eli starts preschool on Tuesday, so I am guessing it will take me all of next week to fully regain composure. What the hell am I talking about? Me regain composure? I exist in a state of perpetual decomposure. I must accept this sad fact and move on with my life. Ahhh.
Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone. Try not to labor too much, okay?
P.S. These are Shaun's PJs from when he was a wee one. Cute, huh?
30 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Pure perfection. Exposure, boy, pjs, wood floor, everything ROCKS!
Dang but I've missed your posts. Funny stuff. And cute kid. And cute pjs. It all rocks!
What a beautiful diversion from storm watching in Texas...I miss him so...
Smooches and Smooshes,
Aunt Jenny ;}
You are so freaking busy, I am almost mad at you for coming to the beach. I hope it was worth it!! It a blast was for us. Honestly, I don't know what it is about Eli, but I love him like my own. I really do - he is PRECIOUS.
He is getting SO big! He practically looks 10 here! I also love that he's wearing Shaun's pjs. Adorable. I tried to get Dublin into one of my baby sweaters, but she wouldn't have it. Oh well, I better wait until I have an actual child instead of trying to make her my baby. :) Missing you...
I'm loving it! Exposure is right on, Eli looks precious and the pjs...love em. What a treasure to have a record of him wearing Dad's pjs.
Kristal
I am so glad I keep everything!!! It definitely gives me flashbacks...in fact i will look for a pic of Shaun in those pj's. Love you...MIL
I love this pic of him, Jen! And yes, he looks big, except for those bunches of pjs at his feet (what a dear! He's still your little boy!). :)
Hope you are doing great!
Sandy
Post a Comment