BSM: cruisin'
SD and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this weekend, which made me want to pull out our box of wedding and honeymoon photos and paraphernalia, which, believe it or not, also contained 'the binder' of magazine clippings and such of our year of wedding planning. Yes, girls, I had a binder, and I'm sure you did, too. Even though it was only five years ago that we were starting our married life together, in some ways it feels like a lifetime. I don't mean that to sound like it's been drudgery because it's quite the opposite. It has been exhilirating and satisfying to be married...even with all the imperfections of life that go along with it. In our brief five years, we have grown and changed and sacrificed and become better because of each other and for this we are thankful. So, of course, I have to post photos this week of 'us' when we were just babies -- at least this is how I feel looking back. We were clueless and in love, and, oh well, it suited us just fine.
P.S. We saw Across the Universe on Saturday night. Ahhh, what a great film. And appropriate to celebrate our anniversary since The Beatles provided much of the soundtrack for our first year of dating. The film is just fabulous, and the musical interpretations are just superb. Can you tell I liked this film??? Go see it!! Really.
honeymoon cruise, 2002
honeymoon cruise, 2002
08 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Happy Anniversary, Jen! You two are so cute together. :)
Actually no, I did NOT have a wedding binder!
Happy Anniversary! You guys look si sweet and young adn in love there. Ahhh, good times. :o)
Lovely lovely! I'm envious of that honeymoon (we had a brief one before starting new jobs!) I did have the binder, though. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
You guys are a beautiful couple. Happy Anniversary!
I didn't have a binder either! Maybe a few clippings but no binder.
JEN!!! I was going to ask you if you were interested in "Across the Universe" because I bought the soundtrack a few weeks ago and LOVE it!!! I haven't seen it yet, but I want to! I thought of you and Shaun and y'all wedding CD. Haha. I hope y'all had a great anniversary!
Love youuuu and hope to see you soon!
No binder, and no honeymoon. What a pisser. You guys look exactly the same. Okay, maybe a bit more tired.
Hard to believe it has been five years already. I have to admit, the wedding day is a bit of a blur--lots of wine! But the day before the wedding--now that folks was a helluvuah day! I am tired just thinking about it! What a roller coaster ride it was! You must blog about the day--would make for a terrific new show on one of the major networks! big hugs ; )
5 years does pass quickly doesn't it? We have our 6th next weekend and I can't believe it's been that long. Congratulations and beautiful pictures.
Happy Anniversary! What great pics!
What a nice post and you are both too cute! Congrats, Jen and Shaun!
Happy Anniversary! How fun to look back on your wedding memories!
And I am jealous...I want to see Across the Universe so bad and it's not playing here!
you lovely souls. looking as splendid then as you do today...even better actually, because Eli's changed the glint in your eye. :)
five years does feel like a lifetime and a blink of an eye. glad you saw a great movie to celebrate, though. that certainly gets the stamp of approval.
love to all three of you...Jilly
sweetness. congrats on 5 years! Yay!
Post a Comment