learning curves
Boy howdy! -- as one of SD's coworkers would say.
I feel as though I have staggered through thorny forests and tossed about in tempestuous waters to get back to you, blog.
And, so, a Jedi mom returns from another great lapse in blogging...because, you know, I've been wielding my lightsaber for other forces of good in my tiny corner of the universe here.
But it has been too long, so long that I'm a bit timid about actually writing a blog. I don't know if I remember how. And you know, for this all-or-nothing perfectionista, that's a very daunting position to be in. I think I would write more no-nothing blogs if I could just make a deal with myself that it's okay if they're crap. Regular crap is better than no crap, right? And because of this 'condition,' I procrastinate, which is why I am yet again looking at an August banner in late September. Next banner is gonna be generic. I've had enough of this monthly stuff.
So, in the time that has passed since I was last here, many monumental things have occured:
* Vera Wang unveiled a new clothing line for Kohl's, which is really fabulous, I thought, but I still can't afford a sweater that costs $80. Try again, Vera.
* Britney unveiled her softer side on the MTV awards, which, I am not knockin', really. I'm a mom who's got some softer spots myself, but, come on, Brit, I mean, what part of that scenario actually looked good to you in your head when you were contemplating whether or not to do it? Maybe there was no thought, no contemplation? Ya think?
* We have been told by the environmental/mosquito-thingamajiggy organization here that we have West Nile mosquitoes in our back yard. Good thing the repellant that we use smells good because now we have to lather our bodies in it everytime we step outside.
* Um, let's see...oh, right...we quit the gym. Sheesh.
* We almost got a dog but we have enough spots on the carpet already from our other dog (um, child, excuse me).
* We almost took a trip to Costa Rica for our anniversary.
* We have almost finished Season 3 of The Office. I know, I know, premiere is this week. Chop, chop.
* I have concluded that Justin Timberlake is my new celebrity crush. Step off, girlies.
* I have also concluded that, although Oprah herself is supremely annoying and contradictory to me, I cannot live without her show, her book club recommendations, or Doctor Oz. Trust me, I'm hanging my head in shame right now, people.
*And I have concluded that we do indeed live across the street from the Radleys from Harper Lee's novel To Kill a Mockingbird. Who says the suburbs are uninteresting and lacking culture? On most days, I do, but not when Boo comes out.
* Okay, seems like my mental list was a lot longer, but I'm forgetful. And some days, just plain senile.
:::
This photography madness is kickin' me in the bootie, but I'm loving it. And I will love it even more when I succeed in properly exposing a backlit subject. My husband continues to fulfill his engineering duties with skill and panache while eating flaming Cheetoes and dreaming of designing a sail boat that will transport us to a tiny island off the coast of Utopia, where we will eat grapes, wear leaves for clothing, and, I will learn how to properly expose a backlit subject.
And, lo, our young son Elijah continues to usher us deeper and deeper into the manic world of toddler. And I am convinced more and more that I am really in need of Jedi powers (and a bigger lightsaber). I'm sure SD would agree. Who is the center of the universe? Why, we are, silly, because in the immortal words of Bill Cosby, "We brought you into this world, and we can take you out."
But, seriously, he is still dang cute, which does make us pause before we lock him in the closet for our afternoon nap.
25 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It is wonderful to see a new posting. I am chuckling with delight!! It is so good. Being locked in a closet isn't so bad. SD turned out OK. Wait til Eli learns how to find keys and unlock doors while the parents are still fast asleep. Your pillowcase is the best hiding place..the one you are sleeping on!!! Maybe anniversary #6 will bring ya'll to Costa Rica or some other exotic place. Love you.
It is good to have you back young Jedi-mother! Fear you not the grip of the dark-tiny-one, Darth-Eli--his will is powerful, and able to crush man's minds--but the force is strong with you and Shaun-Solo. Succeed, you will--and balance in the universe will come to pass--it is your destiny! ;)
Why did you quit the gym??
I'd say your perfectionism can rest easy. That was a pretty dang near perfect post. It's got me laughing, anyway! It's good to see your words again.
LOL at locking The Boy in the closet...I'm off to clean out one of my closets so I can follow your example.
Guh. Justin is MINE!
=)
No, guh. He is MINE.
Um, no guhsss--Who's the girl with every single N*Sync cd and Justin's first solo album?
Achem, yeah that's right, he's MINE.
:]
Well, I guess we'll just have to draw straws for him. heh! ;-) I suppose you are most deserving, Em. Damn girl.
Get it?
Post a Comment