23 August 2006

New Beginnings...

Does the spelling of the word "beginnings" look as weird to any of you as it does to me? Maybe it's just late. It's 10:41 pm. In my younger day, I would have considered that early. Now that I am a mom, it's way past my bedtime. So, I'm curled up in bed (well, actually not really curled) with the laptop on where else but my lap, tired, but anxious to get my blog party started. Thanks to Jill for recommending I start one. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. Well, I do have a seven-month-old...

In case you're wondering about the title, I don't have one yet. Hence the temporary "Searching for one..." I don't know if I punctuated that correctly. Hello...I SHOULD know that. I am (or was) an English teacher. Hence has always given me trouble for some reason. According to my favorite online dictionary (
www.onelook.com), the word hence is an adverb, meaning "from that fact or reason or as a result." So I guess my sentence should instead read, "Hence, the temporary title IS or WILL BE "Searching for one..." Need I be so stinkin' complicated? Certainly when it comes to grammar...because, let's face it, English teachers live for that kind of stuff, right?

New beginnings...gotta stick to my theme here. This blog is a new beginning. My life as a mommy is a new beginning. And Shaun, Eli, and I are about to embark upon another new beginning by moving to Texas. For those of you who don't know, Shaun has been offered a position (possibly two positions) in the Houston area, and for many reasons, we would just be plain stupid not to jump on it, so we will be saying adieu to fair Maryland in probably a month or two. Not exactly the way we would have planned it, but it never is. Such is life. I am really not this nonchalant about the whole thing...just tired. I will purge more in my next post. Purge is probably not the most precise word choice. You know what I mean. Again...fatigue.

You have now been officially blogged (can this be a verb?) by MommyJen. Now, that's a stupid way to end this. I am REALLY tired. This is getting dumber by the keystroke. I should just stop typing, but I feel I need to end this on a more creative slant. Ah, well, screw it. Stay tuned for more creative and edifying blogs. This, unfortunately, is not one of them...

2 comments:

dixieflyboy said...

I think this is a good start for your blogging - I now am a bloggger too(I had to open an account to post this comment)!

Love, Dad

Jessica VanDerMark said...

Hey Jen!!
How fun! Look forward to reading more of your adventures! I have a blog page too, but for now it's only photos. I linked your page to it though. Can't wait to get more pics!

Jess